Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

2 hours ago, Ste said:

In all honesty, from a purely financial perspective - as a 27 year old footballer who's not been established outside the 5th tier of the footballing pyramid, it's not a bad career move financially - nor perhaps for his footballing career, as it gets his name out there. Professionalism of 0 however. I don't really see how it's any different from any other fucker tossing off their normal 9-5 to join the mentally challenged cast of some reality show.

I'd be miserable if I was an Everton fan. They're going nowhere with Lampard. I don't feel like he's not very secure in himself at all, it's all very 'me, me, me' but it's not convincing at all. Even last season it felt like he could scarcely believe it himself when they were winning games. 

For some reason I thought Ancelotti (10, 12) had them in the top half when he was there. The following all had better league results since Moyes consistently had them in the top half:

8 Marco Silva

Sam Allardyce

7 Ronald Koeman

Roberto Martínez (also 11)

Last year was Everton's second lowest league table position in the PL, they've had a 17th (93-94) previously under Mike Walker. One thing Howe mentioned early days was culture, inclusion and player chemistry. From Lamps down to their star players, they all look miserable or uninterested. While ability is obviously the biggest force for success at the top level, you cannot underestimate the impact culture and community have within a club. 

Everton are currently fucking rotten, unfortunately. 

Jesus christ, he sounds like and has the body chemistry of someone who is in the middle of a dog fight in March, with things looking bleak. Would be really worried if I where an Everton fan.

Lampard throwing players under the bus and shifting blame away from himself in pre-season is something I’d be really worried about if I was an Everton fan. 

That said, I hope they’re shit again. 

Everton fans should be shaking like shitting dogs atm after listening to that. Lampard was looking and talking exactly the same in April and there's something fundamentally wrong at that club, maybe a combination of things going on in the background but they were utterly rank last year and this seems to be merely a continuation of that. Everton fans will have a better handle on it as they know their club better than we do but the whole thing still looks like a car crash waiting to happen. 

36 minutes ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

I had the distinct impression that, to use a technical term, Lampard saw his arse towards the end of last season. Doubt the preseason has helped his confidence. 

He's got nothing about him as a manager. Amazing footballer in his day, but he's not a manager. Think he'd be better as a first team coach under a bigger managerial name, but doubt his ego would be satisfied on 2nd fiddle. 

31 minutes ago, The Butcher said:

Dyche to replace Lampard before Christmas. 

Dyche would keep them up if they're in the shit, but he's no visionary or transformative figure. A Bielsa type is needed, which they had in Rafa, but that obviously didn't work out. Wonder if they'd go for Martinez post WC? :lol: 

2 hours ago, midds said:

Everton fans should be shaking like shitting dogs atm after listening to that. Lampard was looking and talking exactly the same in April and there's something fundamentally wrong at that club, maybe a combination of things going on in the background but they were utterly rank last year and this seems to be merely a continuation of that. Everton fans will have a better handle on it as they know their club better than we do but the whole thing still looks like a car crash waiting to happen. 

That hippy that zip-tied himself to the post has a lot to answer for.

29 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

https://www.watfordobserver.co.uk/sport/20296093.watford-man-gosling-ranieri-hodgson-changes-edwards/

Weirdly candid interview with Gosling here. Not very often you see a current player digging out recent teammates and managers so openly.

That was a great read, thanks for sharing :thup:

Also, is that Watfords local paper? It looks like the NYT in comparison to the Chronicle :lol: