Still not worthy of a thread

Yorkie

9 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

I’m impressed your Uni leverages Qualtrics for your studies. Survey was slightly ambiguous, what’s your hypothesis and what outcomes are you looking to illicit?

The research aims to provide a new insight into sports economics, regarding factors that impact a fans attendance at live matches. Previous data suggests that fans are only impacted to attend football fixtures based on price of tickets, match/ league outcomes and whether family/friends attend etc. No previous research looks at the impact a sports fans relationship with a teams owner has on the fans attendance which I am investigating with this questionnaire. We ranked 87 out of 92 in regard to the fan engagement index in 2021 under mike Ashley, with our average attendances (excluding covid) 7% below the average premier league attendance. So I am looking for correlations to attendance and ownership and what part of the ownership impacts attendance as well refuting other literature given the range of questions involved. 

6 hours ago, Euan Stephenson said:

The research aims to provide a new insight into sports economics, regarding factors that impact a fans attendance at live matches. Previous data suggests that fans are only impacted to attend football fixtures based on price of tickets, match/ league outcomes and whether family/friends attend etc. No previous research looks at the impact a sports fans relationship with a teams owner has on the fans attendance which I am investigating with this questionnaire. We ranked 87 out of 92 in regard to the fan engagement index in 2021 under mike Ashley, with our average attendances (excluding covid) 7% below the average premier league attendance. So I am looking for correlations to attendance and ownership and what part of the ownership impacts attendance as well refuting other literature given the range of questions involved. 

Who runs the index? The PL? I'd have thought sentiment might be lower during that season, but I'm not sure I understand the data behind the ranking. 

Mate, I wish I could share some of the work I did with Chelsea around fan engagement, the app we built and let you compare the data with your qualitative assessment here. I've slightly pivoted a lot of my work into behavioural economics, which is what you're essentially broaching into here. 

I assure you the big clubs all have this data set and where it has the most value for the club is the commercialization and revenue generating mechanics needed to secure sponsorships. Growth, retention and sentiment obviously the main KPIs, but it's always interesting to unpack nuance such as the character of a particular ownership group. 

Best of luck to you!

Edited by The Bonk

3 hours ago, 54 said:

I once worked with the player - Miguel De Souza 'Migs' - at a school in London. Lovely chap. He gave me a pair of his Adidas World Cup boots to wear when we played the Y11 kids at the end of the year [emoji38]

14 hours ago, The Bonk said:

Who runs the index? The PL? I'd have thought sentiment might be lower during that season, but I'm not sure I understand the data behind the ranking. 

Mate, I wish I could share some of the work I did with Chelsea around fan engagement, the app we built and let you compare the data with your qualitative assessment here. I've slightly pivoted a lot of my work into behavioural economics, which is what you're essentially broaching into here. 

I assure you the big clubs all have this data set and where it has the most value for the club is the commercialization and revenue generating mechanics needed to secure sponsorships. Growth, retention and sentiment obviously the main KPIs, but it's always interesting to unpack nuance such as the character of a particular ownership group. 

Best of luck to you!

The index is run by think fan engagement, who publish yearly rankings of the 92 football league clubs in regards to ownership dialogue, governance and transparency so it is separate to the EPL. What my secondary data suggests is NUFC home attendances have fluctuated over recent years as a result of boycotts against Ashley so hence, this investigation is centred around the impact ownership can have on fan attendance demand so interlinks with behavioural economics. 

It would be very interesting to see the data comparisons in order to support/refute previous literature within the field of sports economics as there is a load of depth to the literature. Obvs NUFC will have some form of data similar to what I am attempting to gather, however had to investigate something for my dissertation and given I have held a season ticket under the whole of Ashleys reign, I thought this would be interesting to investigate. 

Thanks for your response and all the best!

The intensity of this debate is Hillarious :lol:

I’m six minutes in and the Messi fan genuinely looks like he’s restraining himself from punching the Ronaldo fan in the face. 

Edited by Rafalove

1 minute ago, Kimbo said:

I struggle to see how it even is a debate, at least for a neutral.

I agree though I think in the end Ronaldo will have more longevity which will make it more of a debate. Both in their prime Ronny doesn’t come close.

44 minutes ago, Rafalove said:

Both in their prime Ronny doesn’t come close.

This is what causes the raging debates. :lol: It's a nonsense statement. Ronaldo was in his prime at Real Madrid, where he scored 450 goals in 438 games. :lol: If Ronaldo was at Real Madrid his whole career his numbers would be impossible to even comprehend.

Messi being better to watch is obviously a factor for a lot of people. It's the same reason why people prefer Federer over Djokovic and Nadal. But no matter who you think is better, it's extremely close between them. 

Carragher summed it up perfectly. Messi has got the goals, assists, he's a playmaker, and he can run games. Ronaldo's got the goals.

That's before getting onto the seemingly impossible things Messi's done that Ronaldo can't.

Edited by Kid Icarus

9 minutes ago, thomas said:

stats shmats honestly i just like Ronaldo more than that fop-haired labgrown gremlin

:lol: I like Messi better to be honest, but I always wondered how many goals and assists I'd get in that Barca team. I reckon 40 a year.