Newcastle United vs. Manchester City - 21/8/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Two ways this can go. We can either say fuck it and just continue to play how we want to play regardless of the fact we are playing Man City and just see how that goes OR you change your game plan and tactics to suit the team you're playing to try and nullify them and stop them playing how they want. 

I'm convinced Howe is the kind of manager that will almost always go for the second option. Guardiola is the manager that 99.9% of the time goes for the first option. Neither is necessarily the correct way and only in hindsight can you ever really know which is best for a specific game.

I know that obviously teams tweak their gameplan every week depending on who they are playing but Man City are perhaps the one team in the Prem who you approach ENTIRELY differently to any other you play in the league.

Guest HTT II

I just want us to have a go, stay in the game, and give as good as we get. They are beatable as good as they are. No fear, give your all, let’s see what happens.

Man City won't allow us to go toe to toe with them, because they keep the ball so well. We would just be chasing shadows for 90 minutes.

10 men behind the ball and to hit them on the counter. It won't be pretty, but it's our best chance of getting something.

Clearly, our gameplan is all about the counter attack but I don’t want us having ten men behind the ball and just inviting pressure all game long. We’re better than that and our midfield would be better used in controlling the ball and tempo where we can 

This season is awful like, not used to this feeling of waiting for the match to start. Usually accidentally remember we're playing after visiting the forums. Mike Ashley is a bellend. 

1 hour ago, Mazzy said:

Two ways this can go. We can either say fuck it and just continue to play how we want to play regardless of the fact we are playing Man City and just see how that goes OR you change your game plan and tactics to suit the team you're playing to try and nullify them and stop them playing how they want. 

I'm convinced Howe is the kind of manager that will almost always go for the second option. Guardiola is the manager that 99.9% of the time goes for the first option. Neither is necessarily the correct way and only in hindsight can you ever really know which is best for a specific game.

I know that obviously teams tweak their gameplan every week depending on who they are playing but Man City are perhaps the one team in the Prem who you approach ENTIRELY differently to any other you play in the league.

Im pretty sure Howe has said we will try to play our own game always and try to impose our game on any opposition. Not sure he’ll adjust too much personally. 

Imagine we beat city?

The pundits and the rest of the league would find a new respect/fear for when they play against us.

This game could really be a shocker if we pull it off.

I think there is a 20% chance we could do it.

need them all on fire, specially ASM and Miggs

What I don’t want to see is a 90 minute rearguard action with us standing off and watching from 10/15 yards in the hope they miss place a pass.Get close and watch the runners otherwise we could concede a few.The midfield need to give it their all defensively.Toon 0 v 3 Man City.

Unfortunately I think Joelinton is the only one with the legs to close down their midfielders.

We will see though, atmosphere should be big and might intimidate them a little. 

Can only see a fairly big defeat but I’m still looking forward to the day. 

See the sky sports presenters have actually got off their arses to visit the North East for a change. I suppose it was either our stadium or Elland Road.

They are going to be gutted when they have to witness a proper atmosphere at the start and pretend like every ground is the same.

Notice Souness isn't with them. Funny that.

3 hours ago, Holloway said:

With an Eddie masterclass we can beat these today

All the bravado and confidence that fuels you asking the fittest bird in the bar back to yours only to have her explode in laughter as you trudge back to your mates with your belly leading the way over your feet. 

not speaking from experience of course😳

I think we’ll be lucky not to be on the receiving end of a bit of a tonking today. Not because of any failure on our prep or performance so far, more to do with them being in an another footballing galaxy to us entirely. 

Edited by BennyBlanco

17 minutes ago, BennyBlanco said:

All the bravado and confidence that fuels you asking the fittest bird in the bar back to yours only to have her explode in laughter as you trudge back to your mates with your belly leading the way over your feet. 

not speaking from experience of course😳

I think we’ll be lucky not to be on the receiving end of a bit of a tonking today. Not because of any failure on our prep or performance so far, more to do with them being in an another footballing galaxy to us entirely. 

That happened to me one night, a lady called Deidre [I know]. Laughed me out of town. Then we bumped into each other after closing. Nobody was more surprised than me when we ended up searching Pudding Chare for somewhere to fuck.

Sticking with my 3-2 prediction. We'll take the lead, then go 1-2 down, but score two in injury time.