Newcastle United vs. Manchester City - 21/8/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 hours ago, La Parka said:

Can see the 5-2-3 low block being deployed for this one 

Pope

Trips Schar Burn Bot Targett

Bruno Joe

Migs.          Wilson.     aSM

I think ASM might be kept in reserve for the late equalizer. So I would go with the same defence and Wilson but with;

Miggy Longstaff Bruno Joe in a workaholic midfield 

1-0 at half-time; joyous scenes and exceptional Madri sales ensue.  1-1 at 47 minutes (…palpitations en masse). 1-2 on the hour (… woe is us). 2-2 at 76 minutes :banana:.

Last fifteen minutes of match causes more people to shit themselves to death than seen during the Sunderland cholera epidemic. Elation (and SIGNIFICANT re-hydration) at full time. 

You heard it here first O0

Edited by Coffee_Johnny

1 hour ago, Coffee_Johnny said:

1-0 at half-time; joyous scenes and exceptional Madri sales ensue.  1-1 at 47 minutes (…palpitations en masse). 1-2 on the hour (… woe is us). 2-2 at 76 minutes :banana:.

Last fifteen minutes of match causes more people to shit themselves to death than seen during the Sunderland cholera epidemic. Elation (and SIGNIFICANT re-hydration) at full time. 

You heard it here first O0

Not a good advert for Madri.

Can't wait for this. Got so many reasons to dread it, but some to remain hopeful.

We've kind of struggled so far, particularly Brighton, and while I'm not saying we weren't prepared for Brighton it was an equal match, likely only ever to be won by something unusual or special.

The City game we know, not what to expect as such, but what is expected of us. 

44 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

I guess I’m excited because there’s nothing really on the line, a murder is par for the course. 

Just try to enjoy the day and hope the lads can conjure a miracle. 

I can see Jur going full radge and halfing that drug driving nonce Grealish. Would be worth the red card TBF.

6 minutes ago, JumpersForGoalposts said:

I can see Jur going full radge and halfing that drug driving nonce Grealish. Would be worth the red card TBF.

33/1 Jow red card on Bet365

4.77/1 Yellow card and Man City to win 

5 hours ago, timeEd32 said:

Not that they need any help, but it feels like every time we play them we get screwed somehow. Last season, Aguero offside, a disallowed goal (Ritchie maybe?) … sure I’m forgetting some. 

Sure Fraser should have had a penalty when we were still in the game last season.

I fancy a low scoring defeat here. Under Howe at home we've restricted the opposition to one goal or less on 13 occasions and I expect plenty of effort and application.

Obviously if City turn it on, they  could rip us a new one, but I fancy us to keep it respectable at the back. I wouldn't be entirely suprised to see us line up with a back five.

The problem is that I just don't think we're good enough to hurt them. Similar to Liverpool last season we'll be looking at set pieces and the odd counter attack to score. Realistically we may have to score a couple to take a point from the game, but I just can't see it, 0-2 City.

3 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

Aye Ederson fouled Fraser off the ball and the referees and commentary team just made a new rule up on the spot.

Commentators were in disbelief about it when it happened fwiw. :lol: The Sky ones anyway.

1 hour ago, SUPERTOON said:

Always worth a reminder that this side beat city under Rafa:

Was there. Strange game, we conceded inside 25 seconds or something from our own kick off ( :lol: ) but never got mauled and always offered something in attack. More so than the game in the previous season due to Rondon.