Newcastle United vs. Manchester City - 21/8/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I think this is a decent thread. If Targett is fit then I agree with the starting lineup. Would have Botman in the middle to keep on Haaland though.

I think we should focus on trying to keep possession in spells tomorrow, as a starting point, and a back 3 who are all comfortable might just be our best foundation for that.

I watched back the highlights of the 5-0, we were well below par and some shocking individual mistakes that day.

Dubs made a howler, we had Lascelles at the back for the whole game. Trippier was totally lacking in fitness when he came on.

Yet we still opened them up and should have scored.

Excited for this, first time sat in my new seat and expecting it to be absolutely electric atmosphere at kick off. 

Again, I'm not expecting anything but just hoping we don't let them walk over us. 

If we can manage a draw, I think that'd be a great result. It'll be a fascinating watch seeing our defence attempt to handle their forwards, plus Bruno and Joe Vs KDB n co.

Also will we potentially see Miggy against Grealish? Flying scissor kick to the head getting Almiron sent off?

I'll go with a 1-1, with Pope extending his good form and saving our bacon 🤞