Newcastle United vs. Manchester City - 21/8/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

15 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Would prefer switching Trippier and bringing in Krafth. Better to have two 6 out of 10s in each position than an 8 and a 4.

If we don’t defend as a team,it won’t make any difference who plays at right back.By defending as a team,I don’t mean simply getting back in numbers,I mean actually getting close and pressurising the opposition whenever possible.Stand 10 or 20 yards off and a 4 or 5 nil defeat is possible.Wilson will have another frustrating weekend methinks.

9 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Manquillo then. Think we're better with Trippier & Manquillo/Krafth though than Dummett/Ritchie & Trippier.

I wouldn’t replace Trippier.An old head will be required and if Fraser is fit I’d play him in front of him.I’d play Big Joe on the left side of midfield to pressurise De Bruyne on the ball.Krafu at left back if Targett is injured.BDB’s long legs may be required in a back 5.

14 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Manquillo then. Think we're better with Trippier & Manquillo/Krafth though than Dummett/Ritchie & Trippier.

Love the fact that playing the club captain isn’t even crossing peoples mind :lol:

Trippier, Schar, Lascelles, Botman, Burn is an option I suppose.