João Pedro

30 minutes ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Craig Hope saying Everton prepared to match our bid for JP.

Probably true if Gordon has told Everton this morning he wants to go. Great business for them.

On 21/08/2022 at 16:04, STM said:

Yeah i remember that happening, who was that? 

I've changed my mind on him. He hasn't got much, if anything, wrong.

EDIT: It was Yoshida.

That's why he's so popular. Whatever he's saying - it's legit. He may not always be the first to report news but you know it's certified.

^^This was in my drafts. It still stands.

2 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

All criticism of Edwards is completely fair.

All abuse of him is equally fair and deserved going off the fact he's admitted trying to goad our fans at every opportunity.

As I said last week when we first bid, I don’t particularly rate Pedro, so missing out on him wouldn’t bother me to much. However if we did I would think we would then struggle to sign anyone else with just over a week left.

1 minute ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Why is it only our transfers seem to go like this? Everyone else just seems to get the deal done. We monitor for four years, low-ball first in a widely publicised saga, allowing a PSG/Everton to come in and hijack.

Arsenal would like to talk about Bruno.

4 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Why is it only our transfers seem to go like this? Everyone else just seems to get the deal done. We monitor for four years, low-ball first in a widely publicised saga, allowing a PSG/Everton to come in and hijack.

It's only been going for a week, that's nothing when it comes to transfers sagas.

Edited by The Prophet

1 minute ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Everton and Villa took punts on the two managers we ruled out, they probably figure it's not a bad idea to chase our transfer targets,. They probably trust Howe's judgement over Frank or Stevie G.

3 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

I think it's because you're only really paying attention to what we're doing. Unless you're trawling Twitter/message boards for a load of other clubs of course, which I assume you don't (like most normal people!)

1 minute ago, buzza said:

if Everton beat us to the signature of this player I will be hugely dissapointed in our management team!

That would be scraping the bottom!!:rant:

If Everton want to pay him a ridiculous salary I'd be disappointed if we matched them.

1 minute ago, Keegans Export said:

I think it's because you're only really paying attention to what we're doing. Unless you're trawling Twitter/message boards for a load of other clubs of course, which I assume you don't (like most normal people!)

If Romano has a 100% record then we are surely the first club to ever put it in jeopardy.

1 hour ago, PlymouthGeordie said:

How can you chalk it up to Fab? Even Downie has just said we've put a new bid in, why would we do that if we've already agreed a deal as per Fab?

Because we want to pay them twice ?

8 minutes ago, Keegans Export said:

You're probably right. I hope so, anyway!

10 minutes ago, ChrisMcQuillan said:

Because we have a sensible wage structure and ain’t got the money like others have. Everton only can buy him because they are selling someone for £60m. How much did we get for Gayle, Hendrick, Clarke, Hayden, Woodman etc? How many new sponsors have we landed? 

We are trying align with FFP whilst allowing ourselves as much wriggle room for each transfer window. 

Hopefully the player has bought into the project. If he goes to Everton for extra few £K which they can probably offer him then maybe he wasn’t the player for us. Sunday showed this approach has been proven correct. Hopefully the lad if all this is true has a sensible agent etc advising him.

22 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not at all ? Just think he gets unfairly criticised. It’s always binary these days with people. No middle ground. TBH not sure why I try to defend him on here as NO by and large seems very binary on the media along with players performances.

Like I stated though. He hasn’t been contradicted and on this occasion that is all that matters yet you and others can’t accept it. He might be wrong in past or in future but generally he reports with balance (and doesn’t confirm anything with a good deal of certainty) except when he defended Steve Bruce where he got sucked into the trap you are all now. Which I’ve always stated in the past.

I'm all for a bit of N-O bashing, but let's not pretend that Luke Edwards not being respected amongst our fans is an N-O thing or that it isn't without good reason - personal and professional. Even at talk ins and when he's a guest on podcasts you get the impression that even his fellow journalists find him insufferable.

It's perfectly understandable that Everton might have decided to put in a late bid to snatch Pedro (probably without even having seen him play), but that doesn't mean he wants to go there. I reckon this is all but done bar crossing the t's and dotting the i's. Everton are just desperate, we can all see that.

58 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Not at all ? Just think he gets unfairly criticised. It’s always binary these days with people. No middle ground. TBH not sure why I try to defend him on here as NO by and large seems very binary on the media along with players performances.

Like I stated though. He hasn’t been contradicted and on this occasion that is all that matters yet you and others can’t accept it. He might be wrong in past or in future but generally he reports with balance (and doesn’t confirm anything with a good deal of certainty) except when he defended Steve Bruce where he got sucked into the trap you are all now. Which I’ve always stated in the past.

He’s was saying we were apart on fees when we weren’t, it’s a clear contradiction. You can take what you want from it but seeing the narrative from the club this window and seeing how Romano operates we can paint a decent picture of what’s happening.

Edwards is getting nothing from the club that isn’t confirmed. Romano has sources at Watford who have essentially given him the green light. Instead of learning from Romano the local journalists are digging down on the fact there’s ‘no deal’.

That isn’t a bad thing alone but you’re ignoring the wider point as to why people are sick of the likes of Edwards. 

Edited by Hanshithispantz

1 hour ago, LFEE said:

Unfairly? He’s spent the whole of Bruce’s time needling the fan base, is insufferably arrogant - see Ajax and Womens Football as two case studies - and is doubling down on this heel persona to remain relevant. It’s little wonder large chunks of our fan base think he’s a prick.