João Pedro

44 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

I like that this guy could also drop deeper to play midfield if needed. Basically like another Joelinton on the other side.

I agree. Doesn’t strike me as a striker like some have claimed. Remember being at the v Watford game last season when they snatched a draw with his late equaliser. One player I recall was a thorn in our side that whole game. Pretty sure it was this lad.

1 hour ago, McCormick said:

Pedro and Isak are very similar players so I’d be very pleasantly surprised if we got both. Shame, as I really really like JP.

The bigger shame will be if we don't sign him we'll have done the homework on the lad for Everton, who certainly weren't capable of identifying him themselves. Big Frank only knows about ready made stars like Dele who he can motivate and revive using his clout as a respected former England star.

Hopefully we do push on and sign Pedro as well.

I think we just have to treat any games we get from Wilson as a bonus, given his record. You just can't build a team around him.

I think Wood gets a bit of a raw deal, but either way I suspect he'll mostly be used for cup runs and off the bench.

So there is certainly scope for two strikers in case of injury, and especially if one of them actually plays more in a number 10 role. Isak may have all the attributes to succeed, but in some ways Pedro is less of a risk as well, purely due to having some PL experience already.

5 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Mixed reports as to whether rgos goes ahead now. It still makes sense given he's more of a floating forward, rather than an out and out striker.

I just think it would have been done by now if it was going ahead. I suppose we might be calling Watford's bluff over the terms, which would explain them trying to drag Everton into the picture, but apparently they are after Brett Brereton in a £12m deal instead, so if no one else steps in, could still happen.

17 minutes ago, TRon said:

I just think it would have been done by now if it was going ahead. I suppose we might be calling Watford's bluff over the terms, which would explain them trying to drag Everton into the picture, but apparently they are after Brett Brereton in a £12m deal instead, so if no one else steps in, could still happen.

Ben Emerton?

Yeah, he looks to have huge potential and that he's be a really useful squad player able to play anywhere across the front three or attacking midfield and seems perfect for our high intensity pressing style of play. As much as I'm delighted with Isak I'll be disappointed if he is instead rather than as well as Pedro.