Open Wide For Some Soccer!

Mike

51 minutes ago, woody said:

What an incredible twist. Can you imagine being Gio and showing up to another training camp?

:lol: that was my thought too. Your fucking dad being a snitch. I wonder if it happened before or after Gio was a shithead in training?

22 minutes ago, cubaricho said:

:lol: that was my thought too. Your fucking dad being a snitch. I wonder if it happened before or after Gio was a shithead in training?

I played at a community level and if my folks pulled something like that with a coach I'd probably just commit seppuku there and then [emoji38]

Edited by woody

4 minutes ago, GideonShandy said:

"Danielle Reyna, wife of former US captain Claudio, says she reported the incident to US Soccer on 11 December. She said it was "unfair" that "people were trashing" her son, 20, when Berhalter had done something "much worse" at a similar age."

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/64168700

That woman really held onto that thing for 31 years ... typical.

1 hour ago, Tomato Deuce said:

Total shitshow at USSF. Way too much of an old boys club.

Out of all this drama we've never heard a peep from someone at USSF. It's such a horribly run place and whenever I heard more it gets worse and worse.

Sounds like Ernie Steward and Brian McBride are both on their way out anyway, so who knows what's next.

1 hour ago, LV said:

What a shitshow. Weren’t they all supposed to be friends too? Berhalters and Reynas that is. 

“Claudio Reyna, the current sporting director of Austin FC, and Berhalter have a relationship that spans decades. They played youth and high school soccer together, their respective U.S. national team careers overlapped from 1994 to 2006, and their wives -- Danielle Reyna (née Egan) and Rosalind Berhalter (née Santana) -- were four-year teammates at the University of North Carolina.”

“In June, Berhalter told the "Gab & Juls Show" that when Gio was as young as 12 or 13, he had the sense watching the youngster that Gio would have a future in sports, noting that he was an exceptional soccer and basketball player.

"Now as the national team manager it turns into a different relationship, but the connection is always there. The bond is always there," Berhalter said. "Our families are very close. Very good friends and in Gio there are moments where I look at him and -- putting him on the field or something. It's so familiar. You're looking at something that is so familiar to you and that's such a great feeling. It's almost like you're putting a family member in the game. That's been really fun."

https://www.espn.com/soccer/united-states-usa/story/4844539/reynas-told-us-soccer-about-past-gregg-berhalter-domestic-violence-incident-sources

Edited by Manxst

5 hours ago, LV said:

What a shitshow. Weren’t they all supposed to be friends too? Berhalters and Reynas that is. 

Yeah and that’s part of the problem. They’re all too fucking chummy. It’s like anyone who was half-decent at soccer post-WC ‘94, which is like a dozen people, has ascended to a position of power in the U.S. game. All their WAGs are mates too.

Edited by Tomato Deuce