Newcastle United 3-3 Manchester City (21/08/2022)

Yorkie

Hardest game we'll have at SJP this season and we put 3 past them and were the better side for a large portion of it. 

5 points from those opening 3 games is a really great start to the season. 

I'm very proud of my team tonight, they gave it absolutely everything and in the end there's a tinge of disappointment we didn't come away with all 3 points, that's how far we've come and that's credit to Howe and the team.

There's a real steely determination and togetherness about this squad that I've not seen here for a very very long time and if we can just get a couple more through the door we could really make a play for 6th this season or next.

Trippiers free kick was utter filth too!

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

Hate to even mention it after a wonderful display, but these next 10 days or so in the window are crucial now. Anything is possible this season if we manage to bring in a couple more.

Exactly. Easy to think we don't need much but that's Ashley thinking. We should be making the most of this potential we have. 

This team, man. I don't feel like they'll roll over for anyone anymore. Bruno must have played like 88 minutes with a yellow card and still blocked and tackled to the limit.

Edited by OCK

2 minutes ago, OverThere said:

Is it just me or was that ref woeful??

Booking and sending off our players for things he wasn't giving or carding for against us. Thank fuck VAR did us right.

Just now, BennyBlanco said:

I disagree. He was a bit eager granted but not a lot of refs would overturn themselves on the red card. 

Generally whenever i've seen him he's been great, and better then most Prem ref's, that being said though he was utter shite today imo

1 minute ago, tomlynnherrington said:

At halftime SKY completely ignored the pen we should have had.Now they have a second chance to show the incident.

They won't.

This game is not a missed chance for us to beat them, for them it was a missed chance for City to beat us. They will show all the goals but will then focus on the City misses and how good Haaland is.

Edited by Mazzy

Can't believe I'm pissed off with a draw against Man City, it should have been 3-2 though. Fucking ref was atrocious, we should have had a foul before the corner that lead to their second goal, the wanker didn't give us a thing, was essentially City's 12th man throughout the match. Great performance by us, but we were robbed of all three point imo. 

Not many teams will put 3 past them. 

Great game that shows, both, how far we've come AND how far we have to go. 

They are fucking quality and,  for large parts of that game,  we matched or bettered them. 

Exciting times ahead and I'm old enough to have memories and a VHS copy of the Man U 5-1

Outstanding performances all over the park, that was brilliant to see from so many points of view. Superb game for all football fans, loads of effort from everyone in black and white, positive going forward and for the first time in decades we had a proper go at them and sustained it for long periods. 

We went toe to toe and matched them, both sides could have had another couple and it absolutely wasn't a backs-to-the-wall defensive shutdown. Proud of every one of them tonight, that was exceptional and that is now the benchmark for every game, that's the level we need to try and maintain for the rest of the season. That's a marker laid down for every other club in the league too. Boom, we're fucking back baby :shifty: