Alexander Isak

Disco

4 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

It’s absolutely class that in Botman, Bruno & Isak we have our spine (hopefully) sorted for at least the next 6/7 seasons and beyond. 

Dreaming a tad here, but ideally it will be a Kompany, David Silva & Aguero situation. 

Pope is currently Hart. Will be good for now until we blow our load on Donnarumma or something. Trippier = Zabaleta.

God his contribution to the first goal was so good. I made this point after Forest but it's so clear that he's got an incredibly quick football brain, but the quality to execute what he wants to do as well; and that's a deadly combination. 

A worse player maybe doesn't see the run from Bruno and even if they do, they might not execute the pass through the gap and with the perfect weight on it. It was superb from Bruno as well obviously but Isak really put it on a plate. Such a class goal. 

3 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Was Zabaleta and Hart ever as good for Man City as Trippier and Pope is for us? My memory of them maybe clouded by their stint at West Ham.

For a short period Hart was phenomenal. Think there was one point where Rooney was tweeting about him being the best keeper in the world. 

3 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

God his contribution to the first goal was so good. I made this point after Forest but it's so clear that he's got an incredibly quick football brain, but the quality to execute what he wants to do as well; and that's a deadly combination. 

A worse player maybe doesn't see the run from Bruno and even if they do, they might not execute the pass through the gap and with the perfect weight on it. It was superb from Bruno as well obviously but Isak really put it on a plate. Such a class goal. 

Even his control was quality. Many strikers we’ve had over the years where it just bounces off them. 

yeah, his control and quality in tight areas is absolutely elite tier. Very exciting because we have the midfielders and wingers to thrive off that ability. For the first goal on Sunday, both Willock and Bruno's movement off him is the prime example of that. 

Really good to have two different forwards like Isak and Wilson to choose from as well. 

1 hour ago, Yorkie said:

The touch in the first half was even better.

On 15/01/2023 at 21:14, Ikon said:

He’s tall but he isn’t your typical tall kind of striker. He has great balance and turns very quickly and has quick feet when handling the ball. He doesn’t need a lot of space as he’s very good in tight situations and has great agility as well as technical ability.

You will see some of the turns soon in tight spaces and think wow! Seen people talk about him bulking up and all that shite. 

Edited by Ikon

4 hours ago, Conjo said:

Was Zabaleta and Hart ever as good for Man City as Trippier and Pope is for us? My memory of them maybe clouded by their stint at West Ham.

Hart was great just not the best with his feet (sounds familiar).

Zabaleta was amazing.

Edited by Optimistic Nut

2 minutes ago, FloydianMag said:

I’ve just been having a look on a couple of other clubs message boards and there’s a dawning realisation of just how good Isak is.

Which ones? Can you share the links?

3 hours ago, Ronson333 said:

Which ones? Can you share the links?

Red Cafe is a ManU site, you pick up references to Isak in the threads about Newcastle, matchday threads etc. Arsenal Mania is another and Villa Talk. There aren’t specific threads about him other than Red Cafe. You’ll need to trawl through the posts. 

3 hours ago, FloydianMag said:

I’ve just been having a look on a couple of other clubs message boards and there’s a dawning realisation of just how good Isak is.

If we end up qualifying for the Champions League you'd be hard pressed to find a more pivotal moment than the point he reached full fitness. We were on a downward curve and looking increasingly blunt before that moment. I don't think it's an exaggeration to say he's rejuvenated almost everything about our attacking play; even our press, which had become less effective, is looking vicious again. 

I had a random thought that if we some how had Isak with Bruce in charge. Bruce would have rushed him back from injury at the start of the season and therefore obviously misses large chunks of the season. Bruce uses that excuse numerous times of why we are failing to covert our 2 chances per game hence why we are in a relegation battle.

Then I woke up from the nightmare.

Edited by CPL

6 hours ago, Paullow said:

If we have a great win I always spend ages trawling through other clubs forums :lol:, even the odd foreign club one. Can literally spend hours on it, haha.

I do this too ?

On 03/04/2023 at 21:07, Optimistic Nut said:

Pope is currently Hart. Will be good for now until we blow our load on Donnarumma or something. Trippier = Zabaleta.

Is Donnarumma is far superior to Pope?

1 hour ago, James said:

there is someone in that thread literally without any awareness saying “they’ve still got to play Leeds and get something”

oh my how the tables have turned

Hilarious, it was only a few games ago they were going to win the prem.