Alexander Isak

Disco

3 hours ago, gdm said:

Damn, i’m glad we didn’t settle for Joao Pedro now. This boy is something else. So cool and calm at everything he does 

Don't think it was one or the other necessarily.

Think we'll still see a move for Pedro this summer.

4 minutes ago, Kanji said:

He’s a fucking baller. The technique on that finish was absolutely everything i love about footie 

Love a side foot curler that flies into the top corner. The replay angle from behind Isak is an actual piece of art.

Gorgeous, its the planting foot that sort of rolls a bit that makes it even more beautiful. Like proper perfect technique. He’s that same type of Henry, Eto’o mould striker. He can do it all and if he stays fit more often than not he will score goals. 

1 hour ago, madras said:

It's the type of finish you see them do in training and think "why can't you do it in a game ?"

It reminded me of what Wayne Rooney etc. would do against us and you'd think "ferk it, they've got better players".

We now have class in black and white again.

11 hours ago, The Prophet said:

Not a number nine apparently.

To be fair, he’s way better when he’s not just a number nine.

Watching him move around the pitch he’s not that traditional forward. He’s the future forward. Intelligent. Can move with the ball. Can pass the ball. Brings everyone into play without it being his back his goal. Etc. 

We’ve struck gold 1000%. 

Aye it's crazy to think we've probably got him on the cheap

His numbers for last season were underwhelming but there were underlying reasons for that and it's class the scouts at the club recognised that 

Based on what we've seen so far and knowing he will still get better as he gets used to the league he's easily a £100m+ player 

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Aye it's crazy to think we've probably got him on the cheap

His numbers for last season were underwhelming but there were underlying reasons for that and it's class the scouts at the club recognised that 

Based on what we've seen so far and knowing he will still get better as he gets used to the league he's easily a £100m+ player 

I think that’s why they went back so quickly with the bid around 60m. They probably knew how good he was and wanted to move before anyone else. 

10 hours ago, gdm said:

Damn, i’m glad we didn’t settle for Joao Pedro now. This boy is something else. So cool and calm at everything he does 

I think Pedro was possibly a smokescreen for this deal. However, if we’d signed Ekitike we wouldn’t have Isak imo. 

33 minutes ago, ExiledGeordie said:

I think that’s why they went back so quickly with the bid around 60m. They probably knew how good he was and wanted to move before anyone else. 

Absolutely, they had faith in their assessment of him and the poor season just brought his price down to a level we could do business. Could genuinely be a pivotal moment for the club.

6 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

I think Pedro was possibly a smokescreen for this deal. However, if we’d signed Ekitike we wouldn’t have Isak imo. 

Pedro and Ekitike were to be understudies for Callum Wilson, that are able to play in other positions. 

Once Callum Wilson then got injured yet again early on, they decided we needed a legit Premier League first team striker, with Wilson then being more of a secondary option. It was the right move.

Pedro and Ekitike were longer term squad/developmental players to grow into the first team. With us now making Europe and having a ton more games next season, I expect we will go back in for Pedro as Wilson is getting on and will continue to get injured, and so we will need more than two options upfront.

Edited by KaKa

An amazing strike. It was like a golf shot, where the trajectory of the ball is exactly where the golfer intended.

Except that that the ball was moving and the player didn't have a minute and a half to prepare himself.