Alexander Isak

Disco

4 minutes ago, The Prophet said:

Also, it's still quite hard to get my head around us signing this level of player.

It’s not the ability of the player that’s impressed me about this (I don’t particularly think he’s quite as good as people think) but it’s his profile. This guy has been one of the hottest names in football for the last 2 years and we’ve landed him. Such a statement of intent from us.

Wow, I'm stunned by this.

I'm so glad we do things with a few smoke and mirrors. 

Seems semi obvious the media are being led all over with various links, while things are progressing without their full knowhow. 

This cant be a deal that was set up overnight, congrats to Dan Ashworth, were about to bring in one of Europe's biggest talents. 

😊👌🏼

He's had a release clause for what, £75-77m? Getting the deal done for £58-59m seems like rather good value.
There is a HUGE upside to him as a player in that he's only getting better. I can see him becoming a superstar under EH tbh.
Also nice AF to get another Swede in. 

1 minute ago, Anon said:

Romano says he landed last night, Downie says he's flying in today. Who is telling porkies?

seen a blacked out people carrier outside the Hotel du Vin last night. that’s all I’m saying.

1 minute ago, clintdempsey said:

He's had a release clause for what, £75-77m? Getting the deal done for £58-59m seems like rather good value.
There is a HUGE upside to him as a player in that he's only getting better. I can see him becoming a superstar under EH tbh.
Also nice AF to get another Swede in. 

Yeah his release clause is 90 million euros, and the general consensus is that Real is cashing out for less when it was clear that nobody was biting.

8 hours ago, Nobody said:

Isak turned down a move to Real Madrid (just after Ødegaard had went there at a similar age) at the age of 17 to go to Dortmund because of their record of bringing young players on. Of course, it didn't work out well at Dortmund, but shows what kind of character he is. 

Seems a very intelligent guy. 

Worryingly middle class mind, maybe a better fit for Southampton. 

The prices are increasing every season, so how can anyone know if we are paying over the odds!? Especially for a talented/young forward player.

Edited by Klaus

5 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

Seems a very intelligent guy. 

Worryingly middle class mind, maybe a better fit for Southampton. 

Not double barrelled enough (Walker-Peters, Ward-Prowse-Tory). No wonder Che Adams is on the way out - if he was Chetwyn Fred-Adams he’d be a guaranteed starter.

6 minutes ago, McCormick said:

Oh for sure; by at least 15m or so. Not that I’m complaining, like :lol:.

He’s one of the highest rated under 23 strikers in the world. 

All of his peers went for more, ultimately a player of his reputation and potential will cost Bruno was a true unicorn but we knew that as Lyon fans were screaming murder when they knew the fee. 

38 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Interesting if we've pursued both of them when we might only want one.

Unless we plan to play JP wide right, I don't think we need him and Isak.

Isak has played RW 3 times in his career according to transfermarkt.

He played 34 games as the right-sided CF, in a two, last season. Which is kind of the same role but with 50% more responsibility.

Pinching myself at this signing. It's the first one where it truly feels like PIF mean business. 

Trips, Bruno and Botman all excellent signings but this one feels like that tier above.

1 minute ago, r0cafella said:

He’s one of the highest rated under 23 strikers in the world. 

All of his peers went for more, ultimately a player of his reputation and potential will cost Bruno was a true unicorn but we knew that as Lyon fans were screaming murder when they knew the fee. 

If you ask most La Liga fans, they’ll tell you we’ve massively overpaid. If it was up to La Real fans, they would have been satisfied with a 40m fee for him. The extra 20m or so is for hype and the fact that he’s a big name.

I’m all for it btw, shows we mean business.

Just now, Happinesstan said:

Good news. 

It means that all those people who think we are running out of time, can dry their pants.

Remember the bed wetting panic throughout August about our window not been good enough [emoji38]

Trust our owners! Mehrdad doesn't get the company card until the last week of the window anyway.