Alexander Isak

Disco

26 minutes ago, ponsaelius said:

Imagine if he's shit.

Some of you lot need to just quit watching sport and following a team :lol:

It just cannot be fun when you think this way all the time. Amazing ability to worry and be fearful of everything. My God :lol:

1 minute ago, KaKa said:

Some of you lot need to just quit watching sport and following a team :lol:

It just cannot be fun when you think this way all the time. Amazing ability to worry and be fearful of everything. My God :lol:

15 years of being told we have no money, that we shouldn't expect or deserve better has hit some people harder than others, have some heart :)

19 hours ago, madras said:

Question for @Nobody and @AlanSkÃrare (thanks @HawK), most of the Isak stuff I've seen has been YT and it's mostly him driving forward on breaks. How do you think he'd cope against teams sitting deeper and keeping his back to goal 25yds or so out ? Has he the movement and Control ?

Lots of goals in Spain we're him following up on rebounds, so his awareness is quite good. In my mind, attacking deep sitting teams is about making them move anyway and attacking them with pace. Bruno is central to that. And Isak's timing and movement is good. Problem with Sweden's new possession-based approach is that it's slow, he gets stuck and standing still between five defenders most of the time. Same with Real Sociedad last season, they moved the ball to slowly. I've seen lots of teams being able to move it around and switch sides quick to open up space to attack, despite the opposition sitting deep. He'll work well if we do that. And Howe seems to understand this.

But, our main approach is still high press, quick regain of possession and then be quite direct. That's his game. That's why I think he'll be excellent.

9 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think he was being just a bit tongue in cheek Kaka. Calm yourself down :lol:

I don't know anymore man :lol:

I think a lot of folks on here are genuinely more fearful of us doing well than they were of us getting relegated. It's astonishing :lol:

Edited by KaKa

5 minutes ago, AlanSkÃrare said:

Lots of goals in Spain we're him following up on rebounds, so his awareness is quite good. In my mind, attacking deep sitting teams is about making them move anyway and attacking them with pace. Bruno is central to that. And Isak's timing and movement is good. Problem with Sweden's new possession-based approach is that it's slow, he gets stuck and standing still between five defenders most of the time. Same with Real Sociedad last season, they moved the ball to slowly. I've seen lots of teams being able to move it around and switch sides quick to open up space to attack, despite the opposition sitting deep. He'll work well if we do that. And Howe seems to understand this.

But, our main approach is still high press, quick regain of possession and then be quite direct. That's his game. That's why I think he'll be excellent.

I can't believe how quickly we're a high intensity pressing team considering the years of ponderous incompetent "build up" play

23 minutes ago, AlanSkÃrare said:

Great post. 

This is what I see as well. The league in Spain is just generally a slower style in the first place, before you even then look at Sociedad specifically, and then their formation last season was also a bit funky.

I think he is very much a Premier League player because it's generally a more high tempo open game. His movement, pace and dribbling ability is just going to translate, especially because we get the ball forward quite quickly ourselves as a team, and don't just pass it around for the sake of it.

Edited by KaKa

On TIFO video they went through his two seasons, the one with lots of goals and last season with less. Quality of chances he had was a big factor, in the goal season he had a lot of great chances around the 6-yard box. Maybe reflects him playing off another striker in the second year.

So even though he has great mobility and carries the ball well, a lot of his goals are from great chances in the box. 

1 hour ago, r0cafella said:

Any accountants? Doesn’t it mean his fee is spread over the 6 year contract for FFP purposes?

Add in wages as well. On a rumoured 120kpw that's over 6mill a year.

Edited by madras

19 minutes ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

On TIFO video they went through his two seasons, the one with lots of goals and last season with less. Quality of chances he had was a big factor, in the goal season he had a lot of great chances around the 6-yard box. Maybe reflects him playing off another striker in the second year.

So even though he has great mobility and carries the ball well, a lot of his goals are from great chances in the box. 

Something about that diamond formation setup last season was not getting him the same quality of chances he had the previous season.

It's a big thing a lot have overlooked IMO, and I'm happy about it to be honest, because we have no chance of signing him if he had followed up with another season similar to his 2020-21 one.

Does anyone know how add-ons are considered for FFP?  Does the full cost of the add-on end up in the year it's triggered, over the remaining term of the contract or go back and restate the cost over the term of the initial contract?