Alexander Isak

Disco

9 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Yeh Isak is a level or two above Wilson. It's that simple.

Agreed. I hope Wilson has used the extra resting time to get himself fully fit. He's definitely not 100% and carrying some sort of knock. Looks a shadow of himself last year vs Arsenal when he looked virtually unplayable.

Stating the obvious. But he could be the difference tomorrow. 

He was quality against them in the final after he came on. He’s got better and better since then and has actually been starting games.

I think with how Martinez (been superb this season) likes to get tight and how aggressive he is when defending. He’ll get opportunities to roll him and get away. As he has done a few times in limited appearances for us. 

Often think they look quite open early on in games and his pace will be key. 

14 minutes ago, Ginola said:

His first touch before the first goal got me feeling a way. This kid's different 

There was one in the first half I think. Leathered at him. He caressed it like a cat.  

His movement is great. Drops deep to link.  He won headers and held it up pretty well. Didn’t get any chances today but he’ll get goals. QUALITY player. 

Imagine where we'd be if he hadn't that unfortunate injury

He's just got that extra bit of quality, which is what you pay extra for of course, but he's only going to get better at his young age

He's surprisingly competitive in the air, been a pleasant surprise as I assumed with his build and style of play he'd be not up to much.

Quality headed goal against Wolves, drew the penalty against Forest with a header and had a decent chance today.

Really looks like he has it all as a CF prospect, already a very good player and looks like he'll only get better and better.

I was telling my friend before the Notts game. Newcastle strikers aren’t as good footballers as he is. Demba Ba was an assassin and a hard worker. Wilson has the sniff and has real pace. Remy could cut in from wide, pace and movement. Carroll was dominant in the air.  But Isak? He can can drop deep and link up play. Dribble into space. Beat a man with a shoulder drop. Has a trick or 3. Quick.  Can score a header. Delightful touch. Movement. This is a baller the likes that I haven’t seen at SJP since Shearer. 

Me granda's first time seeing him, said he hasn't enjoyed watching a number 9 like him since Len White. Got his pace, ball control, dribbling skills and intelligence he said. Have to take his word for it given the lack of footage, but bliddy hell.