Alexander Isak

Disco

1 minute ago, relámpago blanco said:

Adebayor was a wanker, he was great at Arsenal but only seemed interested in money and once he got his big pay day that was it.

Definitely, but still a good player. So happy that we're not in the market for that type of player. 

3 minutes ago, LionOfGosforth said:

Aguero, looking back, was an utterly outrageous signing by them. Recognized as potentially one of the world's best and I think he only cost around 38m then which is a lot, but a relative bargain really. How others weren't really in for him and allowed City to get him relatively easily, I still puzzle over because City weren't that established yet beyond their money.

To be fair, Aguero was nigh on the biggest transfer fee paid that season (possibly the 2nd highest) worldwide. ‘Only 38m’ in perspective is similar to us signing Nunez this year. In hindsight, it was a bargain for sure, but it was major money at the time. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/transfers/transferrekorde/statistik/top/plus/0/galerie/0?saison_id=2011&land_id=&ausrichtung=&spielerposition_id=&altersklasse=&jahrgang=0&leihe=&w_s=

2 minutes ago, Manxst said:

To be fair, Aguero was nigh on the biggest transfer fee paid that season (possibly the 2nd highest) worldwide. ‘Only 38m’ in perspective is similar to us signing Nunez this year. In hindsight, it was a bargain for sure, but it was major money at the time. 

https://www.transfermarkt.com/transfers/transferrekorde/statistik/top/plus/0/galerie/0?saison_id=2011&land_id=&ausrichtung=&spielerposition_id=&altersklasse=&jahrgang=0&leihe=&w_s=

Definitely was a lot of money, my point was more why weren't the "super powers" interested because Man City in 2011 were not anywhere really close to that, money aside. It was an incredible signing, regardless of what he actually cost. A bit like us getting Nunez ahead of Liverpool currently really.

1 minute ago, SUPERTOON said:

What’s he saying ?

Lots of skill and potential. Does currently miss a fair number of chances, but on the other hand he makes a lot himself and doesn't rely on being fed.

Sees him as an ideal signing for where we are now and where we're heading.

2 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Can we please put an end to this plague of skinny jeans that look like a giant load of shit is weighing them down? They will be looked on as codpieces of the 21st century.

I would live and die for my skinny jeans :lol: 

4 minutes ago, Vinny Green Balls said:

Can we please put an end to this plague of skinny jeans that look like a giant load of shit is weighing them down? They will be looked on as codpieces of the 21st century.

I would give my left nut to get my fat ass into a pair of skinny jeans 

1 hour ago, relámpago blanco said:

Adebayor was a wanker,

he was great at Arsenal but,

only seemed interested in money and,

once he got his pay day that was it.

Sorry, I'll get me coat.:coat:

Or as Neesy(?) once said, " don't worry about your coat , you can always get another one.":lol:

Edited by Doc

Smashed through the entire catalogue of Always Sunny when I had Covid earlier this year. Danny DeVito is a funny, funny man. Sends himself up in almost every episode he's in.

Have to be in the right mood for it though. Can get very shouty. [emoji38]

Edited by JUICE690

Was just thinking earlier, if I was asked who would be my ideal forward taking age and potential into account, Haaland would have been first, Nunez probably second, and then Isak. It's an amazing signing. He's up there with all of them.

Just now, TRon said:

Was just thinking earlier, if I was asked who would be my ideal forward taking age and potential into account, Haaland would have been first, Nunez probably second, and then Isak. It's an amazing signing. He's up there with all of them.

I'd have him over Nunez simply down to the quality of the league he plays and performs in. For me it would have been Haaland, martinez then Isak.

2 minutes ago, Dokko said:

I'd have him over Nunez simply down to the quality of the league he plays and performs in. For me it would have been Haaland, martinez then Isak.

Tomatoes, tomayto's. In January you'd have have hardly dared dream any of them were atainable.