Alexander Isak

Disco

2 hours ago, LiquidAK said:

Feels a bit weird I think because Tripps was constantly around the squad and in photos even on crutches last year. Bit different though for a younger player who'd just moved to a new country, makes sense he'd be recovering wherever he feels more comfortable. 

Trippier just seems like he is cut from a different cloth, probably that leadership role as well give the situation we found ourselves in. It seems like once Bruce left we had a team that want to be coached, but motivation levels were all over the place.

We've only seen Isak briefly, the transfer sort of came out of the blue and hopefully in the second half of the season we can bed him into the team. Oddly despite such a great first half of the season I don't think he will have been involved in a game we've won yet so surely the best is yet to come for him!

Even Trippier wasn't in all our team photos... He stopped being in them once our form improved to the point that relegation didn't look like a big threat.

I think it's early to be getting antsy about Isak fitting in. We just don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but we do know that everything else going on at the club is exemplary, so why should we have any doubts about how this is being handled? Howe was talking about him a little while back, saying how this time out through injury is a good opportunity for him to learn about English football and the local area, so I'd guess that's what's happening.

28 minutes ago, 80 said:

Even Trippier wasn't in all our team photos... He stopped being in them once our form improved to the point that relegation didn't look like a big threat.

I think it's early to be getting antsy about Isak fitting in. We just don't know what's going on behind the scenes, but we do know that everything else going on at the club is exemplary, so why should we have any doubts about how this is being handled? Howe was talking about him a little while back, saying how this time out through injury is a good opportunity for him to learn about English football and the local area, so I'd guess that's what's happening.

In Howe we trust! 

I don’t think he’ll start until Wilson needs rest or is injured, cup games he probably will. I would have said there’s a chance he starts on the right but he won’t with Miggy in this kind of form.

2 minutes ago, Nine said:

I don’t think he’ll start until Wilson needs rest or is injured, cup games he probably will. I would have said there’s a chance he starts on the right but he won’t with Miggy in this kind of form.

No chance we're paying 60 million for him to be back up and a cup game player. 

Not sure how Eddie will play him, but there's no way we pay a club record fee for him to not play much.

8 minutes ago, Scoot said:

No chance we're paying 60 million for him to be back up and a cup game player. 

Not sure how Eddie will play him, but there's no way we pay a club record fee for him to not play much.

We paid that before Miggy got Howe’d. There were noises about including both Wilson and Isak in a starting 11 iirc? I’d assumed he was signed to start on the right when Wilson’s fit.

Also with Wilson’s fitness record back up is the wrong word, he’d be expected to play as many games as Wilson does at ST.

Edited by Nine

I think they’ll both play eventually.

That’s Wilson and Isak btw. And given Miggy’s form I’d think Isak would go wide left. Then Isak can change to striker if/ when Wilson gets subbed or move across wide right if Miggy gets subbed. 

Nice problem to have 

58 minutes ago, LV said:

I think they’ll both play eventually.

That’s Wilson and Isak btw. And given Miggy’s form I’d think Isak would go wide left. Then Isak can change to striker if/ when Wilson gets subbed or move across wide right if Miggy gets subbed. 

Nice problem to have 

The 3 amigos tearing shit up!  :snod:

I think after the World Cup, with Isak hopefully fully fit and Wilson in need of a rest, Isak will be our centre forward and going forward they will alternate/Wilson will be used as backup. You don’t sign a mega promising 60m centre forward to play them out of position or as second fiddle.

2 minutes ago, Unbelievable said:

I think after the World Cup, with Isak hopefully fully fit and Wilson in need of a rest, Isak will be our centre forward and going forward they will alternate/Wilson will be used as backup. You don’t sign a mega promising 60m centre forward to play them out of position or as second fiddle.

Not even alternate. Horses for courses, pick the best team for each game, maybe Wilson, maybe Isak, maybe both. We won't be far off doing that for most of the team.

1 minute ago, madras said:

Not even alternate. Horses for courses, pick the best team for each game, maybe Wilson, maybe Isak, maybe both. We won't be far off doing that for most of the team.

That's it, we're all going to have to just trust the process moving forward and stop with the whole "JACOB MURPHY OVER SAM MAXIMUM, WHADAFUQ?!", myself very much included [emoji38]

2 minutes ago, Dr.Spaceman said:

That's it, we're all going to have to just trust the process moving forward and stop with the whole "JACOB MURPHY OVER SAM MAXIMUM, WHADAFUQ?!", myself very much included [emoji38]

;D but we'll all stil do it like fans do all over the world, say who we'd pick and why the manager got it wrong/right.

1 minute ago, Gaztoon said:

Imagine if prem players not at the world cup we're allowed to go to league 1,2 teams on loan for 6 weeks .

I'd still say no. I want ours conditioning, playing controlled behind closed doors games rather than playing league games down the ladder.

I'm all for other teams doing it.

3 minutes ago, madras said:

I'd still say no. I want ours conditioning, playing controlled behind closed doors games rather than playing league games down the ladder.

I'm all for other teams doing it.

Oh I agree..

Would be great for the leagues and teams.. hopefully they get increased attendances why the prem as stopped.

Edited by Gaztoon

Definitely don't think he's here to sit on the bench, given the price, but all of the top teams rotate (to a certain extent) and have different options for different opposition.

We're maybe 1/2/3 seasons away from that luxury, but I assume Isak will be rotated in and out this season depending on the opposition. 

Murphy etc have done a job this season but eventually they'll be phased out and replaced with better players who are able to rotate in and out.

44 minutes ago, madras said:

;D but we'll all stil do it like fans do all over the world, say who we'd pick and why the manager got it wrong/right.

Of course, we'll win something and some cunt will still moan that we could have won it easier if Howe had done something different somewhere along the way.