Alexander Isak

Disco

So happy that it was him scoring the match winning goal. Makes a massive difference going forward for him. Meat ball effect I’d say and not snowball 

Edited by Ikon

3 hours ago, Ikon said:

So happy that it was him scoring the match winning goal. Makes a massive difference going forward for him. Meat ball effect I’d say and not snowball 

:pow:

3 hours ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

Needs to work on his knee slide celebration mind

Without wanting to sound like the fun police 😆 Ain’t those celebrations high risk for injuries especially the type he’s just back from?

Just now, LFEE said:

Without wanting to sound like the fun police 😆 Ain’t those celebrations high risk for injuries especially the type he’s just back from?

move no idea how they do them, I’d be knee planted and awkward forward roll straight off.

Willock had his nailed against Chelsea, probably the best one (apart from Burn obv)

Apologies if Giggs, but a fbref reckons Isak's career shot-on-target percentage is 58%. This is extremely high. 40% or so is typical.

His goals per shot or per shot on target are not especially high, so it's better to say that he regularly works the keeper rather than is clinical.

This is something our coaches will probably work on, making him aim for the corners more.

4 hours ago, Stottie said:

Apologies if Giggs, but a fbref reckons Isak's career shot-on-target percentage is 58%. This is extremely high. 40% or so is typical.

His goals per shot or per shot on target are not especially high, so it's better to say that he regularly works the keeper rather than is clinical.

This is something our coaches will probably work on, making him aim for the corners more.

Much rather a striker that hits the target than one that doesn't, he's got 3 in 4 for us, let him carry on

Fbref actually has a mistake and the real number is 50%, which is still very high, as in Mbappe/Haaland level. 58% would be no. 1 in Europe :) Harry Kane is 42% since 2016.

My other Isak observation would be he seems to be very good at losing his marker, or "moving into space" or "exploiting the half spaces" or whatever you want to call it.

On 18/01/2023 at 04:44, Stottie said:

365 have him 4/1 for 2+ SoT on Saturday which is miles better than anywhere else

26 minutes ago, SteV said:

365 have him 4/1 for 2+ SoT on Saturday which is miles better than anywhere else

Those odds will still reflect the good possibility that he won't start. I'd jump straight on that as soon as the teams are announced should he start.

4 minutes ago, madras said:

Those odds will still reflect the good possibility that he won't start. I'd jump straight on that as soon as the teams are announced should he start.

Void if he doesn’t start

1 hour ago, AyeDubbleYoo said:

In my uneducated opinion he seems to focus a lot on the strike of the ball and a bit more relaxed on where he's aiming it. He always seems to strike the ball very cleanly and with decent power. 

Boggles the mind how Joelinton's massive frame can't strike a ball more than 9 miles an hour and someone like Robert seemingly had horseshoes in his boots :lol:

4 hours ago, HawK said:

Boggles the mind how Joelinton's massive frame can't strike a ball more than 9 miles an hour and someone like Robert seemingly had horseshoes in his boots :lol:

Yeah it's a weird one. Same with punching, it's really hard to quantify "power" some guys have it and others just don't, doesn't seem to be tied to physique that much either.

Isak reminds me a bit of Cisse in terms of build and technique, although he has better movement and control etc.

He is very relaxed when he strikes the ball and generates a super clean strike.

If you watch slow-mo of Cisse it's like his kicking leg is tense and the rest of his body is meditating :lol: 

Edited by AyeDubbleYoo

4 hours ago, KaKa said:

Been a lot of discussions on Isak and where he can play on here.

Howe clears it all up at the 6 minute mark. Enjoy.

Spoiler alert: he says he can play number nine, support striker, or out wide, particularly from the left, even though that wouldn't be his "preferred position".