Tranmere Rovers 1-2 Newcastle United (24/08/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

Willock was absolutely fine. One of the few that handled their cuntery quite well I thought.

Longstaff surprised me. I thought that would be a game made for him to shine 

If we want to be a team that controls possession, Longstaff is simply not good enough. He's useful for disrupting opposition who control the ball a la the big 6 but aside from that I think he's useless. That he had 8 decent games 3 years ago will never change that.

2 minutes ago, TRon said:

You have to blame the refs down there for encouraging this sort of nonsense. It was like something from the 1990's.

True enough. They only went as far as the ref was letting them; which was apparently just short of garotting our players with piano wire.

5 minutes ago, wormy said:

Not to be one of those arrogant tossers but I hope we don't come across these small time fuckers again any time soon.

Snide wankers on the pitch who can stay in the lower leagues and I can't help but dislike any fans still co-opting that fucking Viking clap. Completely unreasonable take I'm well aware, but I'll own it.

Nah, you're spot on mate.

Longstaff seems the sort of player that plays at the level of the opposition, will look alright against decent opposition, but be horrendous against teams like Tranmere.

2 minutes ago, wormy said:

Not to be one of those arrogant tossers but I hope we don't come across these small time fuckers again any time soon.

Snide wankers on the pitch who can stay in the lower leagues and I can't help but dislike any fans still co-opting that fucking Viking clap. Completely unreasonable take I'm well aware, but I'll own it.

Chelsea and Man City etc. can ride this sort of shit because they’ve got a fucking stable full of race horses. We’ve only got a handful and we’re just getting used to having them again. They’re precious as fuck!
That game has done my nerves no good at all. For the first time ever I’m hoping we draw another PL team in the next round ?

Enough quality to overcome some very dirty play that should have been punished. Hope Krafth isn't too serious and that Lascelles can be back with a mask. Credit to him for playing on and scoring an important goal.

Otherwise, job done and a match and opponent to forget. Hope its a home draw next time.

Just now, BonesJones said:

Worried about Trippier now, he did the exact same last time didn't he? Sure he carried on playing?

For a little while. Never looked comfortable. I'm sure he's OK tonight.

Still not over how terrible dummett was tonight. Nothing like you'd expect. I expect him to he outclassed at anyone from top of the table championship and above, but not this low.

Comfortably the worst player in this game and quite possibly the worst performance we'll see for any play all season. 

Edited by Dokko