Tranmere Rovers 1-2 Newcastle United (24/08/2022)

Yorkie

1 minute ago, CFlan said:

Do the cunt in the tunnel 

The one on Lascelles is the sort of challenge you’d go looking for the player after the game. That Hemmings one was a red and it’s shit. But I understand why he hs flown in like that. 

Nevitt has had a massive swing of the elbow after the ball has gone. That is just pure scum behaviour. 

These being thugs withstanding, it's fairly clear that our back up squad as it stands is barely championship standard. I get that it's a smaller pitch, but that just makes the lack of ability on the ball stand out even more. Just looking at the starting line up it was hard to see where the football was going to come from. It's two teams of cloggers out there in reality, they are just a bit more aggressive than us. Our football isn't much better, that's for sure.

I always look forward to playing lower league side, but forget how shite the games normally are :lol: 

They're a bunch of brutes though, Willock and Anderson are the only players to get out of that half with credit.

I think I'm ready to admit it's time on Murphy and probably Longstaff. Elliott Anderson should be coming on before Murphy from now on. Buzzing for Lascelles though, he just gets on with it. Nice goal and a nice block from Anderson. Also liked that Willock isn't taking any shit and was pushing their GK off the ball during the corner. 

The amount of shit going on off the ball though is crazy, from bodychecks to shirt pulling.