Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United (28/08/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, Tomato Deuce said:

He absolutely was not :lol: 

Wood has actually been decent today.

Some terrible deliveries into the box when in good positions so hasn't had much service.

We've been quite comfortable. But Willock adds the absolute bare minimum both going forward and defending. I'm pretty much fed up of him. He cannot be starting games. He's beginning to remind me of Jermaine Jenas. Soft and invisible.

Considering the absentees, I think we're doing fine. It's quite an even game. Our passing has improved so much. 

Longstaff is doing well. Willock often seems to lack aggression - he pulled out of a challenge which seems to be a bit of a habit. He could have charged down Nunez's shot with a bit more conviction but he was a bit unlucky for the ball to go through his legs.

I thought there was a bit of a common-sense failure on the part of VAR. I can understand why they don't want to give penalties for shirt-pulls - there's so much of it going on - but that prevented a clear shot on goal.

We're still in it.

Until VAR check and get right incidents like the penalty incident then it’s not worth a fuck. The whole point is to correct incidents like that especially when I don’t think the referee was looking at it

So fucking sick of getting robbed by the ref against Wolves, like. Should've had six points against them in the last Rafa season and got one. We should absolutely have had a pen for that shirt pull. It's soft but it's always a foul ffs.

Some of the comments in here, man. :lol: I can only assume people are addicted to misery and don't know how to behave otherwise. When was the last time we had 65% possession away from home? Thought we were comfortably the better team without creating any proper chances. They're very lucky to be ahead. 

The time we never see Longstaff in a black and white shirt again can't come soon enough. I'd like it to be this week.

Abysmal is his default, whether its Tranmere, Wolves or whoever.

It wouldn't be ruthless ambition just professional

1 minute ago, gbandit said:

That Willock miss is so annoying, he should have taken it first time on his left by opening his body a touch 

TBF the ball was spinning caught under his feet. But he should have done better mind.

2 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Wood has actually been decent today.

Some terrible deliveries into the box when in good positions so hasn't had much service.

We've been quite comfortable. But Willock adds the absolute bare minimum both going forward and defending. I'm pretty much fed up of him. He cannot be starting games. He's beginning to remind me of Jermaine Jenas. Soft and invisible.

Yes I just don’t think Willock imposes himself on games. It’s even more evident when the better players are missing 

Wolves are much poorer than I expected, so with that in mind it's disappointing but means that all's not lost. 

Willock should have scored and was unlucky that the ball went through his legs but he's been okay. You can see that Schar and Burn are missing Bruno coming short, Longstaff just doesn't have the skill to do that under pressure. As a result we look a bit aimless, but we're getting in good positions.

We can get something out of this though, definitely.

Edited by Kid Icarus

1 minute ago, Comegetasample said:

Some money getting spent in Dunelm tommorow like, soiled sheets all over the shop.

Its a football themed Internet forum, I’m not sure about you, but I don’t come here expecting eloquent, nuanced and we’ll reasoned comments (certainly not on match day)

Maxi’s been fine, he just hasn’t had any space to work with, Wolves are really organised at the back. One thing Maxi should be better at and it’s slightly inexplicable why he’s not, is getting a yard of space to get a shot off. It’s amazing how often he slams shots into the first man by not getting either a bit more space or striking the ball more accurately 

Wood getting a lot of stick in here and aye he's not great but the crosses aren't coming in. Almiron and ASM are constantly going back on their stronger feet allowing Wolves to settle. ASM needs to be trying to get behind Semedo who's on a yellow and sticking a cross in, not taking those pathetic attempts at goal after cutting in every time.

1 minute ago, NEEJ said:

Some of the comments in here, man. :lol: I can only assume people are addicted to misery and don't know how to behave otherwise. When was the last time we had 65% possession away from home? Thought we were comfortably the better team without creating any proper chances. They're very lucky to be ahead. 

They've been very unconvincing, which is what makes the score so much more annoying.