Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United (28/08/2022)

Yorkie

There are two very easy decisions for Howe to make at half time:

Anderson on for Willock - Willock doesn't care today. Doing fuck all.

Targett on for Burn - Burn as a left-back doesn't do it for me. He doesn't join in attack leaving ASM completely isolated and forcing him to try 100 dribbles. With an overlapping Targett I think we'd see a more effective ASM. 

People should calm down, it shouldn't be a surprise to anyone that our squad lacks depth. Semedo is on a yellow so I would expect Wolves trying to help him a lot on the second half so I would bring in Targett for Burn. Longstaff has been fine IMO, I would replace Willock with Anderson too.

3 minutes ago, Wolfcastle said:

The time we never see Longstaff in a black and white shirt again can't come soon enough. I'd like it to be this week.

Abysmal is his default, whether its Tranmere, Wolves or whoever.

It wouldn't be ruthless ambition just professional

I can only think you're judging the performance that you were expecting to see, not the one he's delivering. I can only think of one clear error. He's done fine in there.

Just now, Cronky said:

I can only think you're judging the performance that you were expecting to see, not the one he's delivering. I can only think of one clear error. He's done fine in there.

Lost possession quite a few times.  Seems to think he has more time than he does.  

2 minutes ago, Flip said:

There are two very easy decisions for Howe to make at half time:

Anderson on for Willock - Willock doesn't care today. Doing fuck all.

Targett on for Burn - Burn as a left-back doesn't do it for me. He doesn't join in attack leaving ASM completely isolated and forcing him to try 100 dribbles. With an overlapping Targett I think we'd see a more effective ASM. 

Great minds think alike.

Just now, Cronky said:

One clear error? He’s had a bunch of erroneous passes or taken too long on the ball 

3 minutes ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Wood getting a lot of stick in here and aye he's not great but the crosses aren't coming in. Almiron and ASM are constantly going back on their stronger feet allowing Wolves to settle. ASM needs to be trying to get behind Semedo who's on a yellow and sticking a cross in, not taking those pathetic attempts at goal after cutting in every time.

:thup: Wood has been okay. The only decent crosser of the ball is Trippier but even he hasnt done it today.

Getting miffed in every game about the poor officiation standards, can't help wondering if half of the problem isn't down to too many stupid little rules which hamper interpretation. That said, should have had a penalty all day long for the shirt/arm pull, can't see how VAR let's it go either. Willock and Wood have been pants, Longstaff less than average... need to get on it in the second half, the lack in decent squad depth is costing up the game right now, Wolves are there for the taking.

1 minute ago, Cronky said:

I'm judging his contributions to this football club over several seasons. He'll be lucky if his average rating is 5 out of 10 and we need to move on from that.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Just now, Cronky said:

Yeah he's been fine, the one thing i would say is he can be, and is a fair amount careless with the ball in his short passing. I suppose that's decision making.