Wolverhampton Wanderers 1-1 Newcastle United (28/08/2022)

Yorkie

Once I saw Longstaff in the starting lineup I knew we were in trouble - just not good enough for a team striving for a top 7 finish. Have we ever won a game that he has started? Thought Joelinton was slow AF, and still not sure Wood is top-7 quality either. This is a game we should have won, instead it was a slog that reminded me of the Steve Bruce era.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Absolutely no idea why anyone would single out Willock after that performance from Longstaff. It was shocking.

I think one is an acceptance of ability, the other is a perceived lack of desire

5 minutes ago, Hanshithispantz said:

A lot of positives from that anyway given the front 6 we had to put out.

Bruno Lage is woeful though, Wolves could be a great side with a manager who can get that team firing. Mental tactics with that midfield.

Yeah, can see why they're not fond (but at the same time f**k them, they're horrible). Dark arts and counter attacks.

Just now, doublecrown said:

Once I saw Longstaff in the starting lineup I knew we were in trouble - just not good enough for a team striving for a top 7 finish. Have we ever won a game that he has started? Thought Joelinton was slow AF, and still not sure Wood is top-7 quality either. This is a game we should have won, instead it was a slog that reminded me of the Steve Bruce era.

Can I call this one an idiot?

Willock plays like someone depressed and lethargic. Such a shame he hasn't really kicked off since coming back here.

Hope it won't stay like that all season because the potential is there.

Edited by Amir_9

2 minutes ago, doublecrown said:

Terrible post, we lost our 2 best players and still controlled the game and deserved the win.

U wot m8? 

A thoroughly deserved point, and unlucky not to get all three.

Some of the moaning on here at half time was a disgrace. I know expectations are now raised, but get a grip.

Wolves lack spirit. They've got some good players there, but they seem to lack belief.

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

Absolutely no idea why anyone would single out Willock after that performance from Longstaff. It was shocking.

Willock was shit man. I know you like him, but he doesn't fucking do anything. He's supposed to be a forward thinking player making things happen for the team, and ultimately that is where we struggled the most. Anderson starts that or comes on sooner and we win this game.

Longstaff had his clumsy moments, but for the most part we controlled midfield and had them under control defensively in there, which are largely his main responsibilities in that deeper position.

You clearly didn't watch much of the Bruce era if that reminded you of it like :lol: 

6 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Will absolutely take that in the circumstances. The result could have gone either way and I think with Bruno we win that. 

It was very much another day after the lord mayor's show performance from ASM, but what a goal that was.

Pope - 7

Trippier - 7

Schar - 7

Botman - 7

Burn - 6/Targett - 7

Longstaff - 3

Joelinton - 6

Willock - 6

ASM - 7

Wood - 6

Almiron - 6

Fraser - 6

Anderson - 7

Murphy - 6

Wood the same as Almiron? You on crack, brah?