Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

7 minutes ago, RobS said:

smug smile at the end the detestable cunt, I can't wait to see him cry when Haaland gets another hatrick against them 

I hope people remember when Liverpool and Man City play each other the respective reactions of Klopp and Guardiola in our games against them this season.

Pep's got more class, humility and respect for other teams in his little fingernail. I hope Haaland bags a double-hattrick in both fixtures.

We went to Anfield, where we haven't won since I was 10 (I'm 37), without our best player, our main striker, our first choice RW and centre backs and I'm sat here pissed off because we've been robbed from a deserved draw.

Right now I'm pissed off, but once I get more philosophical about it, I'll realise how far we've come. 

Just now, Kid Icarus said:

We went to Anfield, where we haven't won since I was 10 (I'm 37), without our best player, our main striker, our first choice RW and centre backs and I'm sat here pissed off because we've been robbed from a deserved draw.

Right now I'm pissed off, but once I get more philosophical about it, I'll realise how far we've come. 

It shows the progress we've made in such a short time though too.

A week or so ago, we were gutted to drop 2 points against Man City. Now were gutted to drop a point away at Liverpool in the last minute.

Both matches we have lost heavily in recent years. We compete now, even at less than full strength.

The future is very bright for us.

7 minutes ago, KaKa said:

Howe was so good in his interview after too. So measured and calm, despite being bitterly disappointed.

Such difference in class between Howe and Klopp!

Proud of Howe and the players today!?

Right bunch of babies them lot are. Go on like the worlds against them, when the opposite is true, based on them not winning in a sporting contest. Then when it transpires that they were favoured, yet again, all along continue to go on like fucking babies for having not gotten entirely their own way the whole time.

Entitled beyond belief.

Edited by Wolfcastle

Somehow I'm not too angry/disheartened by tonight. Get more disheartened at hearing about injuries, like if Isak is out of Saturday I'd be absolutely devastated. :lol:

We were doing what most other teams in the league do when playing against a far superior side, away from home: trying to see the game out which includes wasting a bit of time. If the shoe was on the other foot we'd be saying that the opposition 'shouldn't have been wasting time all game, karma' etc etc so I'm not overly arsed about that. I was fucking livid after Chelsea away last season after we got a blatant pen not given but not tonight. We got narrowly beat by a side that's been regularly churning out 90+ point finishes in the last 4-5 years with our 3 best players out injured. We move.

Onto Palace.

53 minutes ago, Sean said:

I've been saying this for a long time, they have such power to pick from a few frames which will make a massive difference.

I said before VAR came in, it won’t sort out the problems we have with referee’s, it just allows them to go back and find an excuse. It’s easy for them to stick with the on field decision when they want too, or change it when they need too. It allows them to go to a foul way back in the build up if they need it, picking frames when the ball was ‘played’ for if they need a goal to be onside or offside.

The same guys who we have called incompetent at best and corrupt at worst are still the guys in the VAR room, still the guys training the referee’s and setting the agenda.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

I said before VAR came in, it won’t sort out the problems we have with referee’s, it just allows them to go back and find an excuse. It’s easy for them to stick with the on field decision when they want too, or change it when they need too. It allows them to go to a foul way back in the build up if they need it, picking frames when the ball was ‘played’ for if they need a goal to be onside or offside.

The same guys who we have called incompetent at best and corrupt at worst are still the guys in the VAR room, still the guys training the referee’s and setting the agenda.

The problem is they don't need an excuse, you can't even question a decision as a manager without being fined.

They need to be accountable for their decisions and until they are they will keep doing what the fuck they like.

1 minute ago, Stifler said:

I'm still happy VAR is here, even if we have been shafted at times but we would still have been shafted without VAR. The linesman just guessed today and said it was offside, don't have VAR it doesn't change the outcome

Obviously VAR should have given us penalties against Wolves and City but without it we still aren't getting penalties but thanks to it being there we avoided going 2-0 down to Wolves

For me they need to look at offsides, there needs to be a better solution because the law wasn't introduced to stop goals with such fine margins being scored

32 minutes ago, Conjo said:

Humble in victory and gracious in defeat, I know it's been said 100s of times since last autumn, but how refreshing is it having someone in charge of this club whose dignified and professional at all times, never blames anyone else, always takes full responsibility,  and after years of Bruce, Carver, Mc Claren and Kinnear having someone of Howes Calibre is great, even tonight when I see Klopp behaving the way he had recently, and the likes of Tuchel and Conte having a scuffle in the touch line, I couldn't be more proud of our manager,