Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

Reading the comments from Klopp today. One of his best nights? A night he'll remember for years and years? From a guy who's won the Premier League no less :lol:

Mate, you nearly got turned over from a midfield of Longstaff and Jacob Murphy.  

Watched this in Edinburgh with the young lad and absolutely gutted, five minutes stoppage I can live with but how the f the ref found another 3 is beyond any understanding……if we had been losing at 90 then the 8 minutes never happens…….oh an Klopp is a whining cunt, we’ll batter these fucks at home

offside eh!

image.thumb.jpeg.fbf1c0df02ff15db70b44c8762456490.jpeg

Edited by Mag_in_NZ

When was the last time we got a decision in our favour revoked by VAR?  It always seems to be correcting/reaffirming  decisions that fucked us over in the first place.

Isak last night

Trippier’s Red v Man City

Almiron’s goal v Leicester

Almiron’s goal v Man City

Murphy’s non-pen v Chelsea

Fraser v Man City last season

Just now, 1892er said:

Trippier's red card?

On field decision was originally a red.

Reading it back it probably comes off as contradictory as you can’t say VAR is fucked for both revoking Trippier’s red and not giving the goal last night.

Well that was heartbreaking, but I’ve not been so proud of my team in years and years. On and off the ball we were superb for the entire game and so strong defensively. We went, like against City, toe to toe with Liverpool away from home, especially in the first half and were robbed of a point IMO and Isak’s amazing second should have stood. There isn’t a more harder working team than us right now in this league off the ball. Tactically we were superb too. Well done Howe, his staff and our boys. The future is looking great, now let’s get one or two extra quality players in today/this evening!

Edited by HTT II

2 hours ago, Ben said:

I'm a very petty person most of the time so I really hope Liverpool struggle to finish top 4 this season, I genuinely think we'll beat them at St James. 

Try being me. Couldn't sleep last night so ended up in the huffy bed, raging. Comforted myself with a fantasy I was a 16yr old wonderkid playing against them at the home fixture.

Matip halves me on the touchline, me in full flight, but I'm that athletic I disguise my fall into a roll, launch up and smash Klopp in the bracket breaking a load of his front teeth clean out. I got the foul as well. We won obvs.

Plus I bent over Klopp as if to check he's ok but whisper, in German, "bite on that you whingy cunt"

Dozed off, eventually

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Sorry I know it's nothing new but fuuucking hell Fletcher's commentary. He is absolutely my least favourite out there. If it's not the sudden unrequired bursts of excitement, it's the Liverpool poetry. Constantly fucking wittering with just a generally irritating voice. Made it all the more painful tonight tbh, he's just so fucking awful. Worse than Matterface. What's more it just seems to always be him on BT. I had absolutely no idea who he was before BT got going. Fuck knows why he got picked up, and where from, for this massive gig - particularly when there's so many decent ones who you only seem to hear now and again on whatever channel it might be. 

He was working on 5 Live before BT came along. 

Can’t stand him either. He’s got a real general smugness about him too.

For whatever reason, I still follow him on Twitter. Without going into detail, have a look at the photos he posts and you’ll see where I’m coming from. 

Cold light of day, and 3 mugs of tea for clarity, I'm chuffed to bits. I've only read a few pages so apologies for any repetition but last night was immense. Very much like the City game and, as someone has said a few posts earlier, a marker for a new era. This may have been a repeat score of last year's fixture but it was so different. Way different. We're playing these teams as equals. Not plucky underdogs. Sure we're not actually there yet in all reality but Howe has this group full of belief. 

Fuck the ref, the linesman, Klopp and the whole ESL wankfest.

6 minutes ago, WarrenBartonCentrePartin said:

He was working on 5 Live before BT came along. 

Can’t stand him either. He’s got a real general smugness about him too.

For whatever reason, I still follow him on Twitter. Without going into detail, have a look at the photos he posts and you’ll see where I’m coming from. 

It was cringingly embarrassing when he effectively corrected the co-commentator’s Player of the Match decision 

6 hours ago, Yorkie said:

Sorry I know it's nothing new but fuuucking hell Fletcher's commentary. He is absolutely my least favourite out there. If it's not the sudden unrequired bursts of excitement, it's the Liverpool poetry. Constantly fucking wittering with just a generally irritating voice. Made it all the more painful tonight tbh, he's just so fucking awful. Worse than Matterface. What's more it just seems to always be him on BT. I had absolutely no idea who he was before BT got going. Fuck knows why he got picked up, and where from, for this massive gig - particularly when there's so many decent ones who you only seem to hear now and again on whatever channel it might be. 

He's godawful like. No one will ever be worse than Drury imo, but Fletcher's incessant need to talk constantly and theatrical bursts of excitement over nothing run him fairly close.

Having a night to sleep on it and seeing that video of them booing our lads off

I hate these vermin more than ever

Scousers are worse than mackems and that's a fucking fact

Edited by jack j

2 hours ago, Hanshithispantz said:

I’m not too bothered about other fan reactions, we were time wasting and it’s annoying being on the end of it especially when you are desperate for a win, we would be the same. It’s the fact the media have allowed a narrative to justify completely fucking us over.

Spot on. It seems a tactic that Klopp can use so that his players can leave something in and they can make out were are time-wasting. Take Pope's save in the five minutes of extra time, he landed on his back and took an elbow on the way down from a Liverpool player and was clearly winded. I actually thought he got up quicker than I was expecting yet this was deemed time-wasting, and it was the only incident that I can remember in those 5 minutes to cause any sort of delay (Big Joe's cramp incident was ignored by the ref and Liverpool played on).

Edited by polkaDot