Liverpool 2-1 Newcastle United (31/08/2022)

Yorkie

That was a peak Rafa performance that half, very comfortable defending and scored only decent chance. Reckon we will struggle to see it out tbh but I am heartened about how well how second string has done and Isak looks great

2 minutes ago, Danh1 said:

Great half. Isak looks quality.

If we had Bruno playing I’d be looking forward to the second half.

Alas, we only have the team that rattled them to fuck and finished the half ahead

Amazing half, this team is consistently exceeding expectations. We can be cynical and think it'll all go to pot next half - and if it does, we can at least say we gave them a game. But I have every reason to believe we'll take the three points tonight - we've rattled the bastards. COME ON! 

In Howe we trust! What a half to say nearly half of our 1st team weren't in the first XI! Isak looks superb growing into the game. Liverpool are rattled. 

Keep it tight for first 15 and frustrate them even more.

Just now, TRon said:

Longstaff, Willock and Joelinton have been fantastic in the middle. Really held their own.

Willock is so much better on the counter attack. Those are his moments to shine. He's done well.

Really happy for Longstaff too. What a slide ball that was. Gorgeous pass.

The finish though ... Isak is a dangerous guy man. The way he took that with no hesitation, top corner. That's just silly.

2 minutes ago, 54 said:

What a fucking half, barely seen Firmino or Salah and were breaking really well. 

Isak's goal was class, great ball from Longstaff too.

So well taken. No panic, just stroked in 

Really enjoyable that.

What a fantastic, assured finish from Isak and an all round tireless performance. He has that leggy reach that Joelinton has that sees him get to a lot of things you wouldn't expect him to. Causing their defenders all sorts of problems with the press.

I would be very surprised if Liverpool don't find a minute or two in the second half that turns things in their favour, but we're just a difficult team to beat now even under-strengthed.

Isak has had a cracking game. What a signing he is.

People have been complaining about the CBs, but they've got on the end of every header in our box. 

And I don't think Klopp is helping his side at all by these histrionics. He just looks rattled.

1 minute ago, HaydnNUFC said:

They won't be anywhere as passive 2nd half, we'll need to score again to stand a chance of getting anything. 

We have plenty of pace up top. Think they’ll have to be careful going forward or we’ll pick them off on the counter