West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

2 minutes ago, Paullow said:

Obviously some things are more important, but just from a purely Newcastle United perspective, it'll not be ideal if the (tough away) West Ham match goes ahead on Sunday (with the current injuries), but the Bournemouth one is postponed. Good chance we'd head into what would then be an international break with no wins in 6, more than 2 months since the last win, and another away match when they return.

Yes but we will have only played 6 games. Most against good sides.

We need players back.

10 minutes ago, STM said:

Yes but we will have only played 6 games. Most against good sides.

We need players back.

Definitely a tough start on paper, and the only match where we have really 'dropped' points was against Palace, and we're probably on par or one less from an 'accumulation of points' :lol: perspective, so no need to panic, but still not ideal if the easiest match on paper of the 38 is rescheduled until the new year, we fail to beat Fulham away, well into October with one win from our opening 8 matches - there will definitely be some murmurs in that not too unrealistic scenario.

With next week looking almost certain to be postponed, I'd probably prefer this one to be as well.

Edited by Paullow

1 minute ago, Colos Short and Curlies said:

last thing I need right now is another day off work!

I do t get paid if I don’t work. So another week of either squeezing the 8 hours over the rest of the week or earning 8 hours less. Fucking hate bank holidays. 

11 minutes ago, Ben said:

Looks like no bank holiday for us but the footballers will get a couple of weeks off 

I can see this weekends being off but next weekends being on. I really don't think there's an appetite to back "yeah you have to work but no play for 10 days".

13 minutes ago, Ben said:

Looks like no bank holiday for us but the footballers will get a couple of weeks off 

They'll still be training and everything else will be as normal just won't have a game. Bruce ain't manager no more.

11 minutes ago, Jackie Broon said:

Didn't we have a match with Liverpool called off after Diana died? Although I think it was the next day.

It was the same day, a Sunday, I was working overtime and planning to get home to watch it