West Ham United P-P Newcastle United - 11/9/22 @ 2pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I'm unhappy there's no football in the weekend, but for us as a team I belive it's good. We play with such high intense in our games and the players have looked knackered during the last 15 min in our latest games. Some extra rest early in the season can only help us. The more we play like this, the more we're getting used to it and I think it won't be as big problem later in the season. Specially with the rest most of our players will get during the world cup.

I'm not sure why people are annoyed tbh, it's definitely a good thing for NUFC as we'll likely have Wilson, ASM and Bruno all back in our team for the next game.

Everyone was happy when we postponed games last year due to COVID [emoji38]

Obviously from a perspective of mourning the cancellations don’t make sense and are unfair on a lot of the public, but are concerns over policing quietly one of the reasons? If there will be major crowds in London and a higher terrorism risk, they might be taking police away. They wouldn’t admit that if so though. 

50 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

It's the opposite of what we're supposed to believe about Rugby and Football. 

From a PR/media angry it’s pretty obvious Rugby and other Tory sports know they’ll be able to go ahread with little to no press blowback or sensationalism; football simply doesn’t have that luxury, particular in reference to certain clubs, players and fans.

1 minute ago, St. Maximin said:

Obviously from a perspective of mourning the cancellations don’t make sense and are unfair on a lot of the public, but are concerns over policing quietly one of the reasons? If there will be major crowds in London and a higher terrorism risk, they might be taking police away. They wouldn’t admit that if so though. 

PL said it’s nowt to do with the police and solely on deference.

Test match back on tomorrow

Rugby union/league back on tomorrow

St leger Sunday

GNR on Sunday

Only other thing I've seen cancelled is the women's boxing tomorra night

Honestly thought all sports would align. Just makes it even more weird

7 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

I'm not sure why people are annoyed tbh, it's definitely a good thing for NUFC as we'll likely have Wilson, ASM and Bruno all back in our team for the next game.

Because people look forward to it all week and also because people have made plans and spent money on it. It’s not exactly rocket science 

Just now, gdm said:

Because people look forward to it all week and also because people have made plans and spent money on it. It’s not exactly rocket science 

And yet as I said, nobody was complaining when the COVID games were cancelled last year, when we had an injury crisis and were in the middle of a relegation battle. Funny that.

10 minutes ago, jonny1403 said:

Fans up and down the country have spent money they might not get back.

1 hour ago, morpeth mag said:

Just started my three week break in Greece. Gutted to be missing all the mourning / morning events during this time.

You poor bastard. You must be horrified that the West ham game has been postponed and will be rearranged for a date when you will reluctantly have to watch it instead of travelling to Buckingham palace for a photo op of laying wreathes and holding your phone torch up amongst the throngs lining the streets.

Just now, jonny1403 said:

And yet as I said, nobody was complaining when the COVID games were cancelled last year, when we had an injury crisis and were in the middle of a relegation battle. Funny that.

Well for a start it isn’t just about Newcastle. It’s the fact there’s no football at all. People all over the country enjoy not only their own team but other games in the league and on tv

also If you can’t tell the difference of people looking forward to a game now and how people were happy to get to the transfer window without losing more games then, then I can’t help you 

Just now, The Butcher said:

This must be a policing issue? There will be hundreds of billions of people doon London this weekend and that will probably keep the police force busy? 

Managing to get a test match on. Lesser scale of policing required but will still be police there.