Newcastle United 1-0 Everton (19/10/2022)

Yorkie

My two favorite things about that game:

1) Didn't play very well and still won
2) Played 7 minutes of added time and I think the ball was in our own half for a minute at most. What a comfortable way to see a game out.

Edited by timeEd32

Just now, samptime29 said:

Massive win. Fully deserved but one of those games you can easily draw 1-1 when they score a shitty goal late on.

Aye, not throwing away points in these games is the biggest sign of progress for me

1 minute ago, timeEd32 said:

My two favorite things about that game:

1) Didn't play very well and still won
2) Played 7 minutes of added time and I think the ball was in our own half for a minute at most. What a comfortable way to see a game out.

3) Helmet.

Our defence is so unbelievably good right now man. It's really hard to get one's head around it. 

All the recent seasons of being a confused bumbling mess back there and now this?! Unreal Howe has managed it.

That was really scrappy, and probably one of our weaker performances of the season, but we didn't really get out of second gear in that second half. They had 1 shot all game which shows how well we nullified every attack they had. Was pretty easy in the end tbh. Case of job done, and on the the next one.

4 minutes ago, Yorkie said:

No idea why I was practically dead with nerves there, Everton were rubbish

Think it's because it would have been so gutting to have conceded against them when they offered barely anything all game

A good win, but we made a harder job of it than it should have been.

They absolutely done us by diving and dirty tackles. They tried to drag us down to their level, and Joelinton and Schar were falling for it. If we had Joelinton in the 2nd half without that stupid yellow card, then we would have controlled that 2nd half better.

A full strength us would have absolutely tested that Everton team and as soon as teams clock in not to get dragged down by Gordon’s antics, they will start getting brayed by other teams. Diving, rash tackles, and the long ball up to DCL is all that they have.