Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United - 23/10/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

Pope

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Burn

Targett

Fraser

Bruno

longstaff

Miggy

Wilson

I know Eddie hasn't really played this way but think we might go down this route

Mebbes start lascelles as well

Edited by jack j

7 minutes ago, jack j said:

Pope

Trippier

Schar

Botman

Burn

Targett

Fraser

Bruno

longstaff

Miggy

Wilson

I know Eddie hasn't really played this way but think we might go down this route

Mebbes start lascelles as well

11 games into the season, best defensive record, lost just one game and currently 6th. There's no way he changes the formation now, that would be utterly ridiculous. No need to shoehorn Targett into the backline, he'll come back when it's appropriate. 

I've no doubt there will be changes in the team, probably Murphy and Joelinton but other than that it'll be the same unless there are injuries we don't know about.

14 minutes ago, SUPERTOON said:

Joelinton will be fine according to Howe, still expect changes mind.

He didn’t look fit against Man U and it was the same last night. His knee is strapped and it must still be bothering him to some degree. It looked like he was limping after the game. 

I thought Howe said he ‘hopes’ he’ll be fine for the weekend? I think we need him for a game like this. I think Willock should also start, regardless. 

Just now, Lush Vlad said:

He didn’t look fit against Man U and it was the same last night. His knee is strapped and it must still be bothering him to some degree. It looked like he was limping after the game. 

I thought Howe said he ‘hopes’ he’ll be fine for the weekend? I think we need him for a game like this. I think Willock should also start, regardless. 

Yeah I think he said hopes, but he only took a knock/kick to knee? I could be wrong mind.

Just now, SUPERTOON said:

Yeah I think he said hopes, but he only took a knock/kick to knee? I could be wrong mind.

Might be something different. But it was a knee injury that kept him out against Fulham and it’s taped. So guessing it is the same injury and somehow related. 

1 minute ago, Lush Vlad said:

Might be something different. But it was a knee injury that kept him out against Fulham and it’s taped. So guessing it is the same injury and somehow related. 

This was the information I saw last night, doesn’t really give much insight but doesn’t sound serious

Press the fuck out of them and they’re dodgy. Especially when they don’t have Kulusevski to link.

Hopefully we’re not knackered and Joelinton’s fit. Him and Longstaff will be massive if we’re to get anything.

I know its been the thing in the media to say, "Spurs have been winning without really playing well", and trying to make that statement a positive but the truth is much different.

Whenever I've watched Spurs they haven't looked like the swashbuckling side that beat us 5-1 last season, they've been pragmatic and slightly boring. Their balance just isn't right and it's no surprise that Man Utd beat them yesterday.

I'm not saying we will win but it will be tight. My heart says we can get a 1-1 draw but my head says that Kane will dive for a pen and we get beat 1-0.

Pope

Tripper    Schar     Botman      Burn

Bruno

Joelinton

Willock

Miggy                                   Anderson

Wilson

We have a week break after this. Leave it all out on the pitch. Might be a step too far but let's av em.