Tottenham Hotspur vs. Newcastle United - 23/10/22 @ 4:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

12 hours ago, Tsunami said:

Be interesting what rotation Howe does on Sunday, can see Fraser starting, might make a change at the back, can Wilson start so soon again and who would come in for, Willock or Anderson (assuming he doesn’t chuck Shelvey in cold)? 

I don't see us resting Wilson before the World Cup. Even if he pulls a muscle he'll have a nice break to get fit again. 

Think many teams are doing the same and there would be more rotation during this hectic schedule if the WC wasn't there. Not exactly fair on the players going to the WC but can't really blame the clubs either. No club is going to save their players for the national teams.

Edited by Pata

28 minutes ago, Chris_R said:

Can't see us winning tomorrow. Too many top players out and Spurs are doing well this season. I expect they'll beat us.

One thing's certain though, under Howe we've always got a chance. 

Spurs have been largely shite and have grinded out results. Their fans have been quite displeased. 

6 minutes ago, Kanji said:

Spurs have been largely shite and have grinded out results. Their fans have been quite displeased. 

Also think EH will have learned a lot from last season's game, he's not one to forget major lessons like that

Edited by LionOfGosforth

34 minutes ago, 1964 said:

I doubt he will be playing, money in the bank.  Player goodwill and happiness is central to Howe's philosophy

Yeah I’m thinking it’s a Willock, Joelinton, and Longstaff midfield three tomorrow 

45 minutes ago, Pata said:

I don't see us resting Wilson before the World Cup. Even if he pulls a muscle he'll have a nice break to get fit again. 

Think many teams are doing the same and there would be more rotation during this hectic schedule if the WC wasn't there. Not exactly fair on the players going to the WC but can't really blame the clubs either. No club is going to save their players for the national teams.

I think we ought to rest Wilson at some point and no match is better for that than the game tomorrow.  That’s our toughest fixture before the WC.

We lose him to injury and we’ve got Wood as our only option for the next three ties. Southampton and Aston Villa are very winnable. I’d rather target those six points than the three at Tottenham. If he’s still ambulatory, yeah take a stab at Chelsea.

46 minutes ago, gazza ladra said:

I think we ought to rest Wilson at some point and no match is better for that than the game tomorrow.  That’s our toughest fixture before the WC.

We lose him to injury and we’ve got Wood as our only option for the next three ties. Southampton and Aston Villa are very winnable. I’d rather target those six points than the three at Tottenham. If he’s still ambulatory, yeah take a stab at Chelsea.

If he’s fit he plays.

1 hour ago, gazza ladra said:

This is a losers mentality and the actual anthesis of Howe. 

No chance he'll change the formation for this. If he didn't do it against Liverpool or City he won't do it against Spurs, just isn't happening. Especially to go 5 at the back, that would be insanity to to do considering where we are now defensively and as a team.

40 minutes ago, bigfella said:

Why not? We finished fifth under Pardew, indeed should have been third.

Don't be silly. Pardew stumbled onto an ideal front 3 in Ba/Cisse/Ben Arfa with a solid midfield two of Cabaye/Tiote behind them, the rest of the team was mediocre. We also hit on with Chelsea and Liverpool being well below their usual standard in the final placings.

2 hours ago, gazza ladra said:

This. Wood should start tomorrow, Wilson on after 60 mins. Even if we lose to spurs, if we beat Villa and Southampton and we're on 24 points after 14 games.