Other games (2024/25)

simonsays

Just seen West Ham's first goal and that is fucking outrageous for VAR not to chalk that off. Fuck all this 'needs to result directly in a goal to be given' - If its a foul its a foul. No difference in VAR going back to Haaland pulling Firminhos shirt at Anfield the other week. 

And as I speak they get a dodgy penalty. SImilar to Big Joes yesterday. Fucking inconsistancy is driving me mental 

Even if they were consistent about that it'd be shit. It's ridiculous to get almost a free goal for a ball hitting an arm from a yard sliding in. Just doesn't seem at all in the spirit of the rule, which was surely to stop people deliberately picking it up, saving and controlling with their hands.

At least when it was a ref you could think it was a hard decision in a moment. Now you've seen them analyse it and still pull that shit.

Edited by Inferior Acuña

Just feels like they're just making it up as they go along and then hiding behind the wording of the rules to justify what they've already decided should happen. It's that loose and open to interpretation that they could feasibly try and justify any decision they choose to give. It's utter bullshit and has nothing whatsoever to do with arriving at the correct decision. It's about using VAR to justify or cancel any decision they're not happy with and it'll take a brave man to persuade me otherwise. Their bias as a referee has continued into the VAR rooms.   

Randomly, I'm off to watch Man Utd vs West Ham on Sunday. A mate randomly text saying they had a spare ticket and if I fancied it (assuming I wouldn't). Quite looking forward to it. Man U probably the most likely team we'll pass if we finish 6th, but West Ham probably the main rivals in the race for 7th. Hoping for an entertaining draw, although that would be seen as a good point for West Ham.

I’m not so sure on the 1st goal. I mean he’s jumping with his hands down and in a position where he’s trying to keep them out of the way. It’s weird because if it was a defender doing that you wouldn’t give a penalty because the ball comes to him, but if you are Bournemouth and lose a goal to it then you feel totally fucked over. If it’s a foul in 1 penalty box then it’s a foul in the other, and I think they have went with how they wouldn’t award a penalty for it if it was in the defending penalty box.

Think I'll watch Burnley vs Norwich on Sky later instead of a CL match. Quite a big match. Norwich had 22 points from 24 available but now haven't won in their last 5 matches, so could badly do with getting at least a point here, but then Burnley are in pretty decent form, and will go top even with a draw.

Would have been nice if that started at 7.30/45 for a bit of overlap at half time and stuff.