Other other games (2023/24) - Use Euros forum for Euros games

simonsays

Only watched the 2nd half but it was like men against boys.

The intensity and physicality of Lewten just neutralised any threat from the makems.

On the few occasions I’ve watched the Makems recently they generally played decent football and looked a tidy side. 

But they looked like startled rabbits in the headlights the neet.  

similar situtaion to us in terms of the state of the league and being a year ahead of out progression.

but this may be our best chance of CL qualification as its gonna get really competetive next season.

and champo's gonna be harder next season too, so they really needed to try get up this season.

still, at least we would get the compensation of the  europa league if we dont make top 4.

Edited by huss9

2 hours ago, toontownman said:

Luton in the Prem would be great. They have work their asses off the past few seasons.

Luton have had a hard time, for sure, but Coventry have had it equally hard and, in my opinion, a much better club too.

If Coventry get promoted Mike Ashley is going to worm himself into it, they're already paying a ridiculous amount in rent. I imagine that increases based on promotion, he'll be after some of the club.

13 hours ago, TomYam said:

Luton have had a hard time, for sure, but Coventry have had it equally hard and, in my opinion, a much better club too.

Agree. In my head I just already (unfairly) ruled Coventry out of making the final. Sending some echoes of Ndlovu, Ogrizovic vibes for today. 

16 hours ago, bobbydazzla said:

Only watched the 2nd half but it was like men against boys.

The intensity and physicality of Lewten just neutralised any threat from the makems.

On the few occasions I’ve watched the Makems recently they generally played decent football and looked a tidy side. 

But they looked like startled rabbits in the headlights the neet.  

They just don't have the strength and physicality in the team it was an issue last season in L1. Just like peps Barca....

My brother-in-law worked at the hotel Luton were staying at when they came up to play us in the 92-93 season, and he overheard David Pleat tell his players "Newcastle are not a good team". 2-0 :) 

Seems strange considering Rudiger dealt with Haaland well

Looking forward to this game, though City are the better side I'm convinced Real Madrid will go through, they have ice in their veins when it comes to this competition