Other other games (2023/24)

simonsays

2 minutes ago, midds said:

Can't think of a worse squad of players to inherit from a ego point of view than this Chelsea lot. They've always given the impression that the power the players have at that club is ridiculous going right back to Terry, Lampard and Cole et al. They give off that arrogance and I honestly think they're better than Potter and they deserve better. They're playing like they did just before Tuchel got the bullet and deciding they want someone else. Sad thing is they'll probably get what they want in the next week or so. Don't think Potter has covered himself in glory or is blameless but when your squad effectively gives up then the writing is on the wall for the manager.

The main problem is their striker situation. Havertz is utterly pathetic up top. Weak, passive and poor instincts of where to be to get goal scoring chances.

The big problem with possession football is it's kinda easy to defend, you need to make extra allowances, and you can't get away with sub par forwards. At City for a long time Pep had Sterling and someone on other side play very wide to stretch play, and they have Sterling at Chelsea for similar but they are never never doing anything particularly threatening. They need to vary it up a bit, need to be less predictable. All that money and they didn't sign a striker but even then, still really rate Sterling and he's done nothing. 

1 hour ago, Geordie Ahmed said:

Kane scoring at the far post from a corner, always seems to score that type of goal, no idea how he is left alone 

Know he missed the big pen in the World Cup but if I had to back someone to take a penalty for my life, it would still be Harry Kane. 

16 hours ago, midds said:

Can't think of a worse squad of players to inherit from a ego point of view than this Chelsea lot. They've always given the impression that the power the players have at that club is ridiculous going right back to Terry, Lampard and Cole et al. They give off that arrogance and I honestly think they're better than Potter and they deserve better. They're playing like they did just before Tuchel got the bullet and deciding they want someone else. Sad thing is they'll probably get what they want in the next week or so. Don't think Potter has covered himself in glory or is blameless but when your squad effectively gives up then the writing is on the wall for the manager.

Thing is though Terry, Lampard, Cech etc provided leadership and a established proven culture of winning things so you could change manager regularly and remain competitive. Who is a leader in that Chelsea team? Azpi is about the only one I can think of and he won’t be there much longer. 

Feels strange having matches on BBC and ITV at the same time. I'll probably switch to Fulham vs Leeds at 7.45pm.

Big match in the Championship on Sky at 8pm as well - Luton vs Millwall with both sides currently in the top 6.