Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa - 29/10/22 @ 3:00pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

A year ago, we would be fearing a defeat. A win would be welcomed to the extent that it would either ease our fears of relegation or at least give us some hope of climbing out of the bottom three (usually followed by a string of bad results). 

Now, I don't find myself 'expecting' to win, but we've earned the right to some degree of optimism. If we pick up points, it strengthens what is already a strong position. If we lose... (reminder; just the once so far, and unfairly) we become more determined for the next game. 

We've only just begun this era. I'm not expecting anything concrete. But if we keep playing like we do and maintain that self-belief, then whatever will happen will happen. If you're lucky enough to see the game, sit back and enjoy it without fear! 

I think we're more than capable of a win today, as long as we put aside the noise and distractions from others around us. 

Guest reefatoon
22 minutes ago, LFEE said:

Hope the weather improves. Wet n foggy all morning 🙂

A nice slick pitch, perfect for our style of play.

Just now, Dr.Spaceman said:

Got a ticket for this, have to force myself to go to games these days but expecting a solid 2-0 win for the lads.

Hoping to see Anderson at some stage.

What do you mean force yourself? 

surely it’s easier than ever?