Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa - 29/10/22 @ 3:00pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

8 hours ago, McCormick said:

We’re due an annoying loss tbf. None would be more annoying than getting beat by this lot at home.

That’s how I feel. We as fans also need to take a similar view to Howe. 1 game at a time and don’t overreact if we lose a game. 

17 minutes ago, Likelylad said:

That’s how I feel. We as fans also need to take a similar view to Howe. 1 game at a time and don’t overreact if we lose a game. 

Absolutely.

I expect us to win this game but if we don’t, we don’t and there’s no need to overreact. 

I feel we can win every game now but if we do happen to lose, we move on to the next one and I’ll still feel we will win that. 

Detest some of their fans, somehow they've managed to create this imaginary rivalry a bit like the Scouse Mackems have.

The Brummie Mackems!

The ridiculous shite I read from some of their fan base on Twitter is painful, I can only hope we absolutely smash them.

Edited by mighty__mag

Under Gerrard, Villa away this season were  P6 W0 D2 L4 F3 A11 GD -8 Pts 2, but the slate is now clean, I suppose.

Most of the Villa hate goes back to that guy with the bantz banners when we got relegated, doesn't it? If this all-conquering NUFC 2.0 were to relegate someone, say Wolves or Everton, I hope none of our fans would take a gloaty banner because that's tinpot. Unless the team being relegated is Liverpool or Man U that is, in which case you can fill the whole stadium with gloaty banners, preferably some written in Swedish or whatever foreign languages their gloryhunting fans speak.

6 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Detest some of their fans, somehow they've managed to create this imaginary rivalry a bit like the Scouse Mackems have.

The Brummie Mackems!

The ridiculous shite I read from some of their fan base on Twitter is painful, I can only hope we absolutely smash them.

I know it's hard but try not to let Twitter be a barometer of any club's fan base. 

Some of wor's on there are complete fucking balloons. 

Maybe been mentioned before by someone, but i like the idea of us pressing Mings as he's very prone to simple mistakes and not that great on the ball.

Edit: Aye, just read through all pages (STM said the same).

Edited by Ikon

4 hours ago, Stottie said:

I hope none of our fans would take a gloaty banner because that's tinpot

To my knowledge we've relegated Cardiff (2014) and Burnley (2022) and no banners either time. I suppose the argument for Villa fans was that we're a much bigger club that the 2 mentioned, and had the likes of Owen, Viduka, Duff & Butt whilst having Shearer as manager. The entire country wanted us to go down that day - you can see Man Utd fans at Hull celebrating like mad too (no banners mind). It was a huge story at the time, but Villa definitely did go OTT for sure.

I must say, I feel like we've more than evened the scores since. We thumped them 6-0, tend to beat them at St James. Beat them at Villa Park a couple of times, and they technically did win us the Championship in 2017. 

As the above has touched on, Twitter fans are no representation really, given ours is tragic, and I find Everton a lot worse than Villa. I do hope we smash them though - like any team!

19 minutes ago, Chicken Dancer said:

To my knowledge we've relegated Cardiff (2014) and Burnley (2022) and no banners either time. I suppose the argument for Villa fans was that we're a much bigger club that the 2 mentioned, and had the likes of Owen, Viduka, Duff & Butt whilst having Shearer as manager. The entire country wanted us to go down that day - you can see Man Utd fans at Hull celebrating like mad too (no banners mind). It was a huge story at the time, but Villa definitely did go OTT for sure.

I must say, I feel like we've more than evened the scores since. We thumped them 6-0, tend to beat them at St James. Beat them at Villa Park a couple of times, and they technically did win us the Championship in 2017. 

As the above has touched on, Twitter fans are no representation really, given ours is tragic, and I find Everton a lot worse than Villa. I do hope we smash them though - like any team!

They didn’t beat us in the championship, we beat them at home and drew at villa park ?

not every result is going to go our way of course, but there's no reason to believe this one wont. Hard to gauge how they will set up with the caretaker manager in charge but whatever that is we are flying and I fancy us strongly

Other clubs hate us because of the media making up, and then repeating the bollocks that we think we should be in the top 4.  That and under KK the praise for our football and the everyone's second favourite club tag didn't help, it bore ill will towards us that still lingers today.

Couldn't care less what any other clubs fan thinks, their anger, resentment and jealousy doesn't change us, it just drives them mad.

8 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Think it's probably the Saudi state ownership as well tbh. :lol:

I'd immediately hate us if it was another club.

Their hatred of us came from well before the takeover