Newcastle United vs. Aston Villa - 29/10/22 @ 3:00pm (No UK TV)

HaydnNUFC

50 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'd immediately hate us if it was another club.

2 minutes ago, Bimpy474 said:

Fair point :lol:

It's not really though, is it? He's saying if another club got taken over by the Saudis he'd hate "us" (Newcastle) 😉

Appreciate another club have been taken over by the Saudis and the MLFs now hate their own club, which hasn't, but they're not wired right. 

1 minute ago, Kid Icarus said:

I'm not saying that like. 

Man City got taken over by UAE, I immediately hated Man City. If I was say a Spurs fan, Newcastle get taken over by Saudi Arabia, I'd immediately hate Newcastle. That's what I meant. 

I know man. I was shithousing 😂😂

I can’t get annoyed with other clubs hating us. I’d feel exactly the same. Especially if I was supporting a club that was most threatened by it. I do wonder how I might feel if(when?) we win something and all the joy fades…will there be a moment where I will be like - huh is this really what I wanted…but until then I’m just enjoying the ride.

27 minutes ago, Groundhog63 said:

It's not really though, is it? He's saying if another club got taken over by the Saudis he'd hate "us" (Newcastle) 😉

Appreciate another club have been taken over by the Saudis and the MLFs now hate their own club, which hasn't, but they're not wired right. 

Well from KI's comment the bit i believe you may have missed is the 'Think it's probably the Saudi state ownership as well tbh'

My thinking was on top of what I'd already said, the takeover is the cherry on top so to speak.

And aye, any other club taken over by a rich very dubious owner (in our case the obvious issues) fans would not like it, but would accept the reality of it, as most of us have.

Edit : Just seen your shithousing comment, well played sir :)

Edited by Bimpy474

1 hour ago, AJ9 said:

I can’t get annoyed with other clubs hating us. I’d feel exactly the same. Especially if I was supporting a club that was most threatened by it. I do wonder how I might feel if(when?) we win something and all the joy fades…will there be a moment where I will be like - huh is this really what I wanted…but until then I’m just enjoying the ride.

I do worry about this tbh

I am concerned about it too, more about us becoming some modern super club like PSG or City and i tend to find them soulless and wonder how you connect to players like Mbappe. I also worry about when we are expecting to win every game if it will become a shrug when we brush aside poorer teams in the league and livid if we draw away at Crystal Palace. I worry once the expectations are win something and compete in champions league all the fear comes back in and none of the joy currently have of having a good team doing well that noone is demanding do anything more than try their best and if finish 8th it's oh well an improvement

wotcha peeps, villa fan here.  posted last season just before the 1-0 tripper free.kick game.

im not confident of us getting anything on sat.  saw you vs manure and spuds and your organisation is so good, and defensively very solid.  complete contrast to 12months ago.

we are, I fear still carrying scars from the sg debacle.  we played well verses brentford but I've don't see us consistently produce that.

quietly optimistic though about emery's appt, think he has the tactical nous to make us a better team but will take time.  

im predicting a 2-0 loss.

5 minutes ago, Paz said:

wotcha peeps, villa fan here.  posted last season just before the 1-0 tripper free.kick game.

im not confident of us getting anything on sat.  saw you vs manure and spuds and your organisation is so good, and defensively very solid.  complete contrast to 12months ago.

we are, I fear still carrying scars from the sg debacle.  we played well verses brentford but I've don't see us consistently produce that.

quietly optimistic though about emery's appt, think he has the tactical nous to make us a better team but will take time.  

It's weird, at home we should be confident, our defensive record is great, we can struggle to score but at home should get over the line and yet all I think is, oooh Villa scored loads at weekend they're gonna score a bunch again...

I think best bet against us at St James is to be solid for first 70minutes and once our very below par subs come on if it's still 0-0 have a right go. We tend to be able to hold onto leads at the moment. 

6 minutes ago, Paz said:

May well depend on how much homework you've done. For all we should have won both games we struggled at home V Palace and Bournemouth and on paper at least I'd say you have a better set of players than them.

17 minutes ago, Paz said:

Copy that post

Delete it. 

Re-post it with the phrase "in peace" edited in between "villa fan" & "here" 

Then, and only then, will we take you seriously. 

15 hours ago, mighty__mag said:

Detest some of their fans, somehow they've managed to create this imaginary rivalry a bit like the Scouse Mackems have.

The Brummie Mackems!

The ridiculous shite I read from some of their fan base on Twitter is painful, I can only hope we absolutely smash them.

Surely Birmingham City are the Brummie Mackems?

55 minutes ago, Manxst said:

First game I’m taking my boy to- absolutely fucking buzzing for us both. I can just imagine his face, seeing the stadium, the flags, the noise, his heroes. Cannot wait!! 

Enjoy mate! 

4 hours ago, HaydnNUFC said:

Birmingham fans are nowt like the mackems tbf, from those I've met/seen.

The 36 yr old Birmingham fan that randomly smacked 15 yr old me was a bit of a knuckle dragging cunt tbf. Not too dissimilar to some mackems I've seen at the zoo.

Edited by Dr.Spaceman