Newcastle United 4-0 Aston Villa (29/10/2022)

Yorkie

40 minutes ago, et tu brute said:

I know he was linked with us (don't know how serious it was) and I thought it was a great signing for Villa, but in hindsight he was the exact type of player we needed to keep away from (we did thankfully). Apart from about 2 games he's been terrible (the warning signs were at Barcelona). Great player in his time no doubt about that. Buendia and Bailey have not really lived up to expectations either. Maybe Emre will get them playing, though they don't seem to be his press type players he's renowned for. 

I remember when Coutinho was linked with us in January, and someone asked @Village Idiothow he was performing at Barcelona. The response was Coutinho was performing as if "something had sucked the soul out of him.". Stuck in my mind, that description, and very apt for how he has been playing of late - the skills are there, he just can't seem to be bothered anymore.

Races on Friday and a couple of 6/1 winners. 

500 mile round trip yesterday to witness us dismantle Villa. 

NFL Wembley today on a corporate with work. 

Not sure I’ll ever have a better sporting weekend :lol: 

Not a great first half from either side. They maybe just shaded the first 40 mins or so. But it could have been 6-7 in the end and they couldn’t have complained. Pure domination second half. 

Hard to pick a MOTM. But I thought Joelinton was machine like and Wilson certainly looked like he was trying to prove a point. 

Edited by Lush Vlad

As strange as it is to say about such a great player, I always felt that Coutinho was known for individual moments of brilliance, e.g. long range shots and wonder goals than for consistently orchestrating the midfield like a Bruno does. That dates back to when he was at Liverpool too. He has the ability to be a great playmaker and shows it sometimes but a lot of the time I feel like he drifts in and out of games and always has done 

21 minutes ago, Lush Vlad said:

Races on Friday and a couple of 6/1 winners. 

500 mile round trip yesterday to witness us dismantle Villa. 

NFL Wembley today on a corporate with work. 

Not sure I’ll ever have a better sporting weekend :lol: 

Not a great first half from either side. They maybe just shaded the first 40 mins or so. But it could have been 6-7 in the end and they couldn’t have complained. Pure domination second half. 

Hard to pick a MOTM. But I thought Joelinton was machine like and Wilson certainly looked like he was trying to prove a point. 

Enjoy NFL mate. I'm there today. 

Villa fans seem to think that they were done by VAR today and that we were booing an injured player.

There were 3 very lengthy stoppages in the 1st half and I timed 13 mins just for them. That’s not including the penalty or the substitution or any other stoppages.

The fans were booing the ridiculous amount of time it took to assess the keeper & decide he was ok. The earlier stoppage in our area was your typical Lazarus stuff.

If there’d been 15 mins injury time in the 1st half nobody could have complained.

Villa didn't come to play at all yesterday, we sat there with plenty around us feeling frustrated at the time wasting, only to learn Martinez was pretty hurt later when we watched again on MOTD.

We did feel they were messing around in that first half still, the fact the ref who I thought was quite poor (and the linesman our side)

had to stick 10 minutes on the first half ironically ended up punishing them for their idea to try and frustrate the crowd with Wilson getting the goal in that added time. This then meant their game plan to frustrate went out of the window, a goal down they couldn't time waste any longer, they had to try something different, like play football?

The second half was like men versus boys, I absolutely loved it, loved seeing Mings holding his head in his hands as every goal went in, he's such a dirty prick, got away with multiple fouls on Wilson. 

Feel I'm making this about how annoying Villa are, so I'll focus on our players, I couldn't fault a single performance, I thought every player was very good, perhaps Joe Willock was not at the other lads level, but that's just nit picking, Joelinton Miggy obvious standouts, but the back five now seem totally secure, lowest conceded in the league because they're so good at what they're currently doing. So many leaders on the pitch now.

I'm not sure what the owners are going to do if were still knocking on the champions league door in January, it's going to be interesting. 

The daughter loved it again, thanks to Wor flags, she got one to wave again 😁🏁

Howay the lads, great stuff :indi:

Edited by mighty__mag

1 minute ago, nufc123 said:

The clear handball they are moaning about?

Thought this was hilarious from Ashley Young:

"I'm not sure how you're supposed to defend anymore," said Young. 

"The referee said that's the rule but unless you're putting your arms by your side, it's not the right way to defend so you've got to defend in the way I did."

No, mate, your defending was poor and reactive because you weren’t positioned properly between Miggy and the goal. :lol: 

1 minute ago, The Bonk said:

Thought this was hilarious from Ashley Young:

"I'm not sure how you're supposed to defend anymore," said Young. 

"The referee said that's the rule but unless you're putting your arms by your side, it's not the right way to defend so you've got to defend in the way I did."

No, mate, your defending was poor and reactive because you weren’t positioned properly between Miggy and the goal. :lol: 

Maybe Young should read the rules about handball. It doesnt get clearer