Newcastle United 4-0 Aston Villa (29/10/2022)

Yorkie

Just now, OpenC said:

For another thread probably but..

..leaving false modesty aside, we absolutely fucking are like. We've played a reasonable number of games now, most of them without a full squad, and they're there or thereabouts. Who is there to really fear when you're playing like we are?

I don't think we're going to win it for a second but you can't look at the league position and think we don't deserve to be there like

Yeah but the media will see it like that, you don't deserve to be in the top 4 unless you've finished in it recently according to them

3 minutes ago, reefatoon said:

They tried to play with a similar intensity to us earlier in the first half. They couldn’t keep it going and we destroyed them in the second half. The fitness levels of our players is unbelievable. Absolute class act.

Reckon we’re on the inhalers?

Just now, relámpago blanco said:

Yeah but the media will see it like that, you don't deserve to be in the top 4 unless you've finished in it recently according to them

Oh aye, absolutely :lol: end of the day we're a third of the way through and there are only a couple of wins in it. Would be deliberately self-effacing to conclude anything other than we're at least contenders at this point

Just now, Tiresias said:

I keep thinking back to Howe telling players "if you're lethargic and don't work as a team you'll get fuck all" in preseason and it's really really embedded into the squad

First training session "You're standing still, that's no good, you have to move". So simple and yet it was so ingrained in us to just not bother.

No longer said with any hesitation or embarrassment..

I fucking love this team.

It has been a long time. The squad, the staff, the management structure, it has all brought the fans back together and given us our club back. We have been on that journey a year now but today was another landmark for me! 

Long may this continue. If we can keep it going into the break and supplement the squad with another couple of high quality signings in January I think we can really push top 7. We need luck with injuries and more but this squad and management are working wonders. 

Had me laptop connected to the TV for the stream so couldn't post ealrier, but waht can you say??!!!

Another 3 points, another beauty from Wor Miggy, another clean sheet and 4 more goals. Its almost becoming standard!

Lets hope this put the faux villa fuelled 'rivalry' to bed now.

Thought it might have been a tighter game from the off as they were closing us down quickly, harrying and not letting us play. Then the time-wasting started.

So many good performances again from us, would have loved Wilson to get his hattrick in front of Gareth (for what good it would probably do), also a nice touch with Tripps giving Lascelles the armband. I know JL is the club captian, but still, a nice touch.

Anyway... Onwards.

EDIT: Just seen the Chelsea result. Good to put 3 points between us/them now, especially ahead of the upcoming match. Be great to stay 4th going into the WC break.

Edited by TK-421