Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

2 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Give people some context, man! :lol:

From what I read, he was a bit embarrassed and apologising after he came round. Hopefully it's just a bit of heat exhaustion or similar. 

https://swissramble.substack.com/p/premier-league-finances-by-club-202122?utm_source=substack&publication_id=1203438&post_id=135369821&utm_medium=email&utm_content=share&triggerShare=true&isFreemail=true

Lots of interesting info in here (if it loads correctly)- “Over the last decade Chelsea were comfortably the worst with a £944m operating loss, though Aston Villa and Everton were no slouches, losing £598m and £583m respectively.”

1 hour ago, NEEJ said:

Give people some context, man! :lol:

From what I read, he was a bit embarrassed and apologising after he came round. Hopefully it's just a bit of heat exhaustion or similar. 

I didn't know the context, was hoping someone on here would. :lol:

13 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

I didn't know the context, was hoping someone on here would. :lol:

Covered in the Shaka thread now for any latecomers. Basically sounds like he collapsed/fainted during a live broadcast for 'merican coverage of Real Madrid. 

1 minute ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Surely these stories should be reported once someone has been charged. This sort of story just causes dangerous speculation and people harassing random people they think it could be.

Balance that with the cloud that hangs over someone even if there's nothing in the subsequent investigation. Might be better if there's no media notification unless there's a need.

Makes me try and remember the first time I was really gutted. Maybe Tino, but at barely 7 years old I wasn't fully aware of everything that was going on. 2004/05 was the pits with loads of people I loved going; obviously Bobby to begin with but Speed, Woodgate, Bernard, Bellamy... Robert still there but with the plot all but lost, Shearer badly on the wane. Mad how that great team just fell to pieces.

Carroll probably tops the list. Was heartbreaking when he went. 

2 hours ago, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Me when Cole left :lol: 

Im not sure theres been a more shocking transfer since. Also, 6m doesnt seem like a lot of  money nowadays but it was huge at the time.

I remember being kind of devastated over Jose Enrique, which is funny looking back [emoji38] He was class for us though, in my defence.

Ben Arfa was a painful one as well, but not exactly unexpected in the end of course. 

Edited by Barnes23

16 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

Still remember me and 3 other mates being incapable of not crying during class when we found out Cole was sold and we were 9 or 10 :lol:

Would have done the same when Carroll was sold if I'd let it out and I was 27 :lol:

Remember hearing about it leaving school, about the same age, then got home and had it confirmed. Ran up to my room and I was face down on the bed crying.