Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

On 14/08/2023 at 18:30, Ronson333 said:

Timber done his ACL

Don’t know why they let back on at HT. I suppose it was already gone then but still. 

I remember vividly when Wilson did his ACL (can’t remember which time) he did similar. Came back on - tried to keep playing.  

About 6 high profile ACLs already.  

3 minutes ago, The Bonk said:

What had Johnson done to Santos previously? :lol: Santos exiting on a red back to 'planet hard cunt'.  :lol: :lol: 

Think he smashed his cheekbone. Long time ago now

Google the battle of Bramall Lane :thup:

7 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

Don’t know why they let back on at HT. I suppose it was already gone then but still. 

I remember vividly when Wilson did his ACL (can’t remember which time) he did similar. Came back on - tried to keep playing.  

It fucking knacks, basically immobilises that leg and don’t know how he tried to play on. Did my knee first time in June 2019, rehabbed it, played 45 mins of comeback Feb 2020 and was fine.

Then did first half 45 mins in the next game and was ok but 2 mins into 2nd half tried to cut back onto that knee and it just buckled like a folding hinge.

Ended up being a complete ACL tear and displaced bucket handle tear of the lateral meniscus.

8 minutes ago, Nucasol said:

It fucking knacks, basically immobilises that leg and don’t know how he tried to play on. Did my knee first time in June 2019, rehabbed it, played 45 mins of comeback Feb 2020 and was fine.

Then did first half 45 mins in the next game and was ok but 2 mins into 2nd half tried to cut back onto that knee and it just buckled like a folding hinge.

Ended up being a complete ACL tear and displaced bucket handle tear of the lateral meniscus.

Oof that sounds shit.

You manage to get back playing again? 

28 minutes ago, The College Dropout said:

When I tore my ACL I was down for about 5 minutes, hobbled off and then drove home, thinking it was only a twist. Next day couldn't walk :lol: 

1 minute ago, LV said:

Oof that sounds shit.

You manage to get back playing again? 

Didn’t get seen until July 21, due to Covid and waiting list knock on effects. Spoke to the consultant and he said there was a 30%ish failure rate for dynamic sports so still currently waiting for an appointment to remove my meniscus. Footballing career officially over but have finally made peace and going to help

coach/manage my old team when I get back to NZ. Miss the camaraderie a lot.

1 minute ago, Nucasol said:

Didn’t get seen until July 21, due to Covid and waiting list knock on effects. Spoke to the consultant and he said there was a 30%ish failure rate for dynamic sports so still currently waiting for an appointment to remove my meniscus. Footballing career officially over but have finally made peace and going to help

coach/manage my old team when I get back to NZ. Miss the camaraderie a lot.

Sorry to hear all that. You can be the next Eddie Howe instead. 

5 minutes ago, LV said:

Sorry to hear all that. You can be the next Eddie Howe instead. 

To be fair I did the injury at 39 and it was the first I had from playing since 7 that kept me out longer than a couple of weeks so I had a very lucky run with them.

Week before I did mine, I accidentally kneed a bloke in the face, breaking his nose, when he ducked down into a header, so saw it as the universe’s karma for that!

Yep shame for him. He was getting in behind Robertson with ease last week which is no mean feat. Feels like one of those players where once you get stuck in that endless cycle of injuries it hampers the rest of your career.