Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

On 20/09/2023 at 23:44, Super Duper Branko Strupar said:

Late night Sunday is literally the worst time for anything in the UK. Match going fans screwed for overseas TV audiences by the sounds.

I’ve heard that it’s a disaster for the US market as well. The reason being is that most NFL games kick off at 6pm (UK time). So many fans in the US will switch over to the NFL, even for the broadcasters who have the rights, they risk losing too many switching over to the NFL instead. The same applies to sports bars in the US.

Edited by Stifler

2 minutes ago, Stifler said:

I’ve heard that it’s a disaster for the US market as well. The reason being is that most NFL games kick off at 6pm (UK time). So many fans in the US will switch over to the NFL, even for the broadcasters who have the rights, they risk losing too many switching over to the NFL instead. The same applies to sports bars in the US.

Yeah there's basically nothing that attempts to compete with the NFL on a Sunday on US TV because it can't.

On 19/09/2023 at 10:32, MrRaspberryJam said:

Is Neil concerned about Everton? Because I'm VERY concerned about Everton.

What's there to be concerned about, other than our ongoing and soon to be spectacular demise?

9 hours ago, Elliottman said:

haha yeah eventually found it, although I think I found it on TNT 6 or 7 or something like that?! Thought they’d got rid of it for a second. 

Was convinced it had been dumped as it wasn’t on the main 3 channels like normal on Tuesday 

Then on Weds it was on TNT5 - thank goodness as I can’t be bothered watching 1 full match - plus the panelist’s on the goals show make it really watchable 

2 hours ago, Turnbull2000 said:

I'm a hearing right that from the season after next, 70% of games are to be broadcast live, meaning only three 3pm kicks off now every weekend? Fuck me that's depressing.

They just seriously either need to allow the 3pm games to be shown, or move Premier League games away from that slot.