Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

I just watched the Top 25 Goals of the Season and I'm stoked we had three on there (two in the top 10) but I'm even more stoked that none of the top 25 featured were against us. In past seasons we'd have three or four of those be against us. :lol:

I don't really care but it blows my mind that Miggy can't even give a pre-prepared answer in English :lol:. He's been in English speaking countries since 2016... how does he get by? Presumably he can understand it but just not speak it. 

4 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

https://twitter.com/Wrexham_AFC/status/1666792783955259393?t=DyF3y9MVR1NZBAfwKDtFIA&s=19

United Airlines new shirt sponsor of Wrexham. Would love to know how much they're getting from that. 

Sure I read/heard they were getting at least a mill last season from Tiktok and Expedia.

I know it's for Americans but they don't even fly to Manchester if you wanted to go to a Wrexham game.

A million a year in the National League.

Fucking hell, I’m sure a couple of years ago Norwich were only getting that in the Premier League. I’m sure there will be some Championship clubs not getting that now.

22 minutes ago, Stifler said:

The Premier League have opted not to have automated offsides like in the World Cup.

Just a bonkers decision. It worked perfectly didnt it? 

The PL really need to be questioned on why they have decided against it but no doubt nothing will be said. 

Edited by Scotty66

9 minutes ago, wormy said:

It makes sense tbh. Yes, they could replace shocking decisions but then what would replace the lost DRAMA!!!

What would replace the dubious decisions going the ‘big 6’ way. 

23 hours ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Where was that from?

I remember these 'Ask A Silly Question' columns.  From memory, the magazine 'Total Football' used to ask those daft questions.  It was like FourFourTwo with sensibility of Loaded.

Yes, I used to buy it.  We didn't have t'internet or VDs to keep us entertained back then.

My mind isn't what it was, though.  It might have actually been FourFourTwo.  Or Loaded.  Or FHM.  But I definitely remember them.

We didn't have t'internet.

Edit: it's from the Grauniad.  FFS.

Edited by TheBrownBottle

7 hours ago, Disco said:

Sure I read/heard they were getting at least a mill last season from Tiktok and Expedia.

I know it's for Americans but they don't even fly to Manchester if you wanted to go to a Wrexham game.

Doesn’t sound like ‘fair market value’ to me…

2 minutes ago, Sima said:

Still not as good as Alex Ferguson imo.

I knows it’s cliche and some don’t agree but he’s had basically unlimited resources at every job, zero adversity too. 

3 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

I knows it’s cliche and some don’t agree but he’s had basically unlimited resources at every job, zero adversity too. 

Isn’t it because of how good he is at the job that he’s had zero adversity though ?