Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

I think Jake Humpheries is at the top of my dickhead list. 

Couple weeks ago he goes “There’s this stigma around Newcastle where everyone’s just going there for the money” Took Jenas of all people to go “no, that’s not true at all, Jake”.  This nine days after interviewing Kieran Trippier on his High Performance podcast where the thumbnail literary  says “I came for less money than Madrid”

Arrogant, smug twat. Fucking prick. 

Edited by Astroblack

1 minute ago, Astroblack said:

Couple weeks ago he goes “There’s this stigma around Necaatle where everyone’s just going there for the money” Took Jenas of all people to go “no, that’s not true at all, Jake”.  This nine days after interviewing Kieran Trippier on his High Performance podcast where the thumbnail literary  says “I came for less money than Madrid”

I'm the complete opposite, can't understand why anyone would have any sort of issue with him, especially considering the endless amount of shit presenters in the country, he seems completely harmless to me, maybe slightly arrogant, but every presenter is :lol: 

I've always liked Jake Humphrey. seems like he was always on our side throughout the Ashley years, and kinda "gets it".

granted, I never watch BT Sport outside of our games, so can't comment on his presenting skills.

7 minutes ago, 54 said:

I'm the complete opposite, can't understand why anyone would have any sort of issue with him, especially considering the endless amount of shit presenters in the country, he seems completely harmless to me, maybe slightly arrogant, but every presenter is :lol: 

Because he says things like that just to get a rise. 

i hate Jenas as much as the next man but to point blank ask him why he didn’t play for England as much as he did is just down right stupid. The answer is obvious. Why spent 10 minutes on the subject? He has no respect for his co workers. Jenas looked in tears during that whole ordeal having to compare himself to Lampard and Gerrard. What was the need? 

He’s a bully. A passive aggressive one. 

Edited by Astroblack

3 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Because he says things like that just to get a rise. 

i hate Jenas as much as the next man but to point blank ask him why he didn’t play for England as much as he did is just down right stupid. The answer is obvious. Why spent 10 minutes on the subject? He has no respect for his co workers. Jenas looked in tears during that whole ordeal having to compare himself to Lampard and Gerrard. What was the need? 

Wheres this from?

19 minutes ago, BonesJones said:

Wheres this from?

https://youtu.be/CSFaHlHyiys

21 England caps vs 121 England caps? Who in their right mind expected Jermaine Jenas to get 121 England caps? He’s lucky to have the career he’s had and Jake Humpheries has no right judging his football career to level he did.  

Edited by Astroblack

23 minutes ago, Astroblack said:

Couple weeks ago he goes “There’s this stigma around Newcastle where everyone’s just going there for the money” Took Jenas of all people to go “no, that’s not true at all, Jake”.  This nine days after interviewing Kieran Trippier on his High Performance podcast where the thumbnail literary  says “I came for less money than Madrid”

Hang on, isn’t he just saying there’s a stigma? He’s not saying it’s true but there’s a certain perception? 

14 minutes ago, LV said:

Hang on, isn’t he just saying there’s a stigma? He’s not saying it’s true but there’s a certain perception? 

I can’t find the clip but it was an out of nowhere question. 

It was just after we clinched CL football utilizing a squad of players we’ve had for the past five seasons sprinkled in with some additions we should have signed during those years anyway. We’ve been very sensible about our business. We haven’t got overboard signing a Robinho. Everything we’ve done has been basically playing catch up for the years of neglect. 

You want to talk about players going to clubs “just for the money”. Talk about Chelsea. 

Edited by Astroblack

25 minutes ago, Big River said:

I've always liked Jake Humphrey. seems like he was always on our side throughout the Ashley years, and kinda "gets it".

This. 15 years of Ashley and I can only pick out Humphrey, Colin Murray and maybe in the latter years Carragher who seemed to genuinely grasp our situation and put it forwards properly on their shows.

If we're going to give shit to pundits or presenters let it be cunts like Keys, Rio, Jenas, Merson, Jamie Redknapp et al who defended Ashley to the hilt and said "it's his club and if he wants to run it on a shoestring then that's up to him and they should accept it". There's videos of Humphrey directly challenging that attitude on BT.

Rio Ferdinand is such a joke, somehow he's on the UEFA consultant panal for positive changes in the game's laws due to his upstanding character and reputation... 

More big questions need to be asked about UEFA’s ability to stage big events. They were already in hot water after Paris last year and now this?

Who is conducting any governance to ensure lessons are learned and implemented?

Some of the reports about the final make it sound like absolute chaos and just a needlessly miserable experience for fans, who spent so much money and time to experience it.

https://twitter.com/migueldelaney/status/1667898621134610433?s=61&t=BdZIxwG3GAPu9kxpDoeueg

The funny thing about that Jenas interview is that, as shitty a question as it might have been, Jenas has no hesitation in passing it on down the line and saying he would come back from England and be on a higher level to everyone else, which is funny if you remember that time first-hand.

11 minutes ago, Kid Icarus said:

The funny thing about that Jenas interview is that, as shitty a question as it might have been, Jenas has no hesitation in passing it on down the line and saying he would come back from England and be on a higher level to everyone else, which is funny if you remember that time first-hand.

From when he signed and the 02/03 season I thought he was going to be one of the best. That first start in the PL at Sunderland when he'd just turned 19 was something else, he strolled it like he'd been playing matches like that for 10 years.

03/04 he stagnated and just when he needed someone to maybe kickstart it, in came Souness. Don't hold a grudge tbh but could have been so much more. 

Edited by Optimistic Nut

https://www.theguardian.com/football/2023/jun/12/carlo-ancelotti-suing-everton-in-high-court-manager-real-madrid

Carlo Ancelotti, the Real Madrid coach and former manager of Everton, is suing the Premier League club in London’s high court.

The move appears to be the latest blow to Everton, who have endured a series of financial struggles in recent years including an ongoing three-year effort to raise funds to complete the building of its new stadium at Bramley-Moore Dock.

Ancelotti’s lawyers filed the coach’s claim against his former employers late on Friday, according to court records. It relates to “general commercial contracts and arrangements” and is listed to be heard in the commercial court.

There were no further details provided about the basis of Ancelotti’s claim, which has kicked off two years after he left Goodison after an 18-month spell. Ancelotti’s lawyers said they had no comment. Everton have not returned the Guardian’s calls requesting comment.

The claim by Ancelotti looks as though it will add pressure on Everton’s embattled board and owner, with the club expected to have to sell a series of players over the summer despite avoiding relegation from the Premier League on the final day of last season.

The claim also comes against the backdrop of a long-running effort by the 94% owner Farhad Moshiri to attract investment. The businessman has reportedly been on the brink of a deal for months, although nothing has been announced.

Last month Everton took out a bridging loan – secured against the club’s new stadium – to provide funds while negotiations over an investment deal continue.

Sources close to the negotiations have told the Guardian that an investment offer on the table would result in Moshiri – who is estimated to have ploughed £750m into Everton – losing control of the club without being paid a penny.

1 hour ago, Sima said:

Turned into a right wanker since he started his "High Performance" shite.

He'd even stand out as an up-himself bellend on LinkedIn.

the high performance stuff is some of the most toxic culture going :lol:. Proper revolting bloke.