Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

3 hours ago, astraguy said:

Tha'st bolllocks that, like telling a warehouse assistant he isn't allowed in the warehouse just office 

What the fuck is the point of this new rule? Absolute bollocks. 

6 hours ago, GeordieDazzler said:

Don’t get me started on the stopclock brigade. Folk who want the clock to pause at any ‘non active’ play. 

Footballs always been about 60 odd mins of in play time. It’s fine.

Would be nice if everyone could see how long is left rather than one person who decides the 1min stoppage when the keeper went down should be 3 minutes and then adds on 10secs for the 2mins celebrating an injury time winner.

Just now, madras said:

Would be nice if everyone could see how long is left rather than one person who decides the 1min stoppage when the keeper went down should be 3 minutes and then adds on 10secs for the 2mins celebrating an injury time winner.

That’s what I was saying earlier, it should be clear what time counts as ‘wasted’. Otherwise it’s way too random. 

Just now, AyeDubbleYoo said:

That’s what I was saying earlier, it should be clear what time counts as ‘wasted’. Otherwise it’s way too random. 

Could easily test it in some youth tournament. Ball is dead, clock stops like NFL. However some sort of penalty for not restarting within a given time.

I'd also like them to trial playing on while a player is down with a (minor) injury. No reason to stop the entire game if someone needs their knee or ankle checking for 30 seconds or whatever. Obviously if it's genuinely serious then play stops and the player gets the help they need but if that's the case then the rejoin the game after a mandatory 5 minute off the park for treatment. If they need a sub then that happens immediately and play restarts asap. Incidents like Eriksen are thankfully very, very rare and that type of thing is the exception clearly. 

4 hours ago, Kid Icarus said:

And that's the main reason for it - breaking the opposition's momentum, not time wasting.

Amazes me how so many people watch so much football and yet don't know this is the case.

17 minutes ago, Wullie said:

Amazes me how so many people watch so much football and yet don't know this is the case.

I would argue it's at least as much wasting time as breaking momentum. Everyone knows the time hasn't been added properly outside few rounds of last WC.

The coaches in the dug out thing, Eddie Howe is the manager not the coach, so it seems Eddie and tindall might be fine as they are, but if another ‘coach’ joins them, that’s when it’s a problem?

33 minutes ago, NWMag said:

The coaches in the dug out thing, Eddie Howe is the manager not the coach, so it seems Eddie and tindall might be fine as they are, but if another ‘coach’ joins them, that’s when it’s a problem?

His title is 'head coach' like.

3 minutes ago, JackieDoor said:

His title is 'head coach' like.

It was this paragraph from sky sports that made me think it, they seem to be very specific about the switch from coach to manager in this paragraph. 

IMG_0089.jpeg

1 hour ago, The Butcher said:

I do feel sorry for Maitland-Niles. 

I don't think he's ever really picked right when it comes to loan clubs, and by all accounts his mum is a bit of a nightmare. They're estranged and it looks like he looks after his brother too. It's a lot to try and shoulder on top of making a successful football career at the top level. 

14 hours ago, Pata said:

45 minute half is an instrumental part of football? And it appears to not be fine when they have to add some time to it.

Game of football is pretty much 45+about 5 min - 15 min break and 45 + about 5min. It is good thing also for television broadcasters. Last 5 minutes would last half an hour..

Wouldn't be surprised if stop clock would bring ad breaks

42 minutes ago, bobbydazzla said:

Whatever next ? A coach can’t even enter the stadium on match day if they’ve used a tanning bed. 

Pathetic. 

Or a stamp on their hand from market shaker the night before. Ridiculous.

That little dork who was on about Mileys torso deception man. 

And I don’t know what to make of this. The fact he rewatched a 0-0 to compare our “midblock” to Everton’s just to he can create a twitter thread. or the fact he most likely lied about rewatching a 0-0 draw just to create a twitter thread. 

17 hours ago, NWMag said:

It was this paragraph from sky sports that made me think it, they seem to be very specific about the switch from coach to manager in this paragraph. 

IMG_0089.jpeg

Imagine if Eddie went to sit on the bench but the 4th official told him to return to the technical area [emoji38]