Come on, come on, come on, come on, let's win,
This is your fan that always follows you everywhere,
This is your fan that will never abandon you,
I follow you even if you are doing well,
I follow you even if you go wrong
And I don't care what field we play on,
I always come to encourage...

On 03/08/2023 at 20:07, Viana said:

The fact Wolves still have Julien Lopetegui may save them. 

Their squad on paper isn't horrific. It's missing a proven goal scorer and Saša Kalajdžić could be that man (even if it's a lot of pressure to put on him). At the start of the summer I didn't really understand why they were so low on funds. Then you look at their transfers the last few years - and Jeff Shi even references it - they've taken a lot of punts on young players that haven't panned out.

Even if you ignore that, they've dropped £25m or more on Fabio Silva, Goncalo Guedes, Matheus Cunha, Raul Jimenez, and only Jimenez has been a major contributor and they sold him for 5m. 

Don Jorge laughing his way to the bank.

Just has a read of the match report of us playing Fiorentina 12 years ago today and some of the Pardewisms are fun looking back:

"I hope I can get the club unified again. When the ­ownership of the football club is in the forefront of conversation it is a ­problem. I want people to be talking about the football team here and what the players do on the football pitch.

"The problem is that where we are now financially means that we can never really fulfill the expectations of the fans. They have memories of European football but the gap is ­getting bigger as the years go by.

"It is becoming difficult to compete with the top clubs, but that is not to say we can’t compete at the level we are at, but we are always vulnerable to the bigger clubs as Andy Carroll’s move proved.

"That makes it very difficult to manage – but not impossible. Mike Ashley and Derek Llambias made it quite clear – the club to a certain extent needs to wipe its nose and therefore we haven’t got ­investment above our income. That is how Mike wants to run the football club.

"Some of the other clubs have that ability to spend more than they earn and Manchester City have been able to break into the top four for that reason.They have a sovereign state ­backing them. We can’t ­compete with that. It is very difficult.

“The fans have had so many ­broken promises in the past not just from this ownership but way before that, but we have added two or three very good players to the group ­already and we are going to add to that.

"People have to buy into what Newcastle United is all about - we don't have the riches of other clubs. That is obvious. Sometimes you have to accept things and work as hard as you can with what you have got. Since I've been here that's what we've done and that's how it needs to be every game; every player needs to be focused on trying to overachieve because, if we don't, we won't be good enough.

"There's been no bids for José and I want him to stay. I keep looking at him and smiling. He smiles back but he hasn't signed the contract yet and that is a problem.

Never forget how bad things were

Edited by joeyt