Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

32 minutes ago, r0cafella said:
  • Chelsea looking for investors to raise capital according to Bloomberg. In typical VC fashion Boehly has spunked his load and is now looking for more. 

:lol: Oh my God please let it turn out they're not actually going to continue  without a care in the world. 

Just now, wormy said:

:lol: Oh my God please let it turn out they're not actually going to continue  without a care in the world. 

From what I read before and I don’t know if it’s true it was never the plan to continue in the manner they have, they aimed for massive initial investment and then let it tick over. I think this was his approach in baseball (our wonderful American posters will know better though). 

5 minutes ago, r0cafella said:

From what I read before and I don’t know if it’s true it was never the plan to continue in the manner they have, they aimed for massive initial investment and then let it tick over. I think this was his approach in baseball (our wonderful American posters will know better though). 

How can this comply with FFP?

7 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

Dunno like, he did do a video of him walking through Walmart buying flavours of Pringles you can only get in the US and then going back to his hotel room and rating them.

looks for spunk on sheets also 

A very wordy way of saying "we're skint lads". Wolves, like Leicester, have gone down the pan last couple of years after a few years of being the non-big 6 club others aspired to be, on the cusp of challenging. Leicester have been relegated and I think there's a very good chance Wolves follow them this season.

The fact Wolves still have Julien Lopetegui may save them. 

Their squad on paper isn't horrific. It's missing a proven goal scorer and Saša Kalajdžić could be that man (even if it's a lot of pressure to put on him). At the start of the summer I didn't really understand why they were so low on funds. Then you look at their transfers the last few years - and Jeff Shi even references it - they've taken a lot of punts on young players that haven't panned out.

Even if you ignore that, they've dropped £25m or more on Fabio Silva, Goncalo Guedes, Matheus Cunha, Raul Jimenez, and only Jimenez has been a major contributor and they sold him for 5m. 

26 minutes ago, Viana said:

The fact Wolves still have Julien Lopetegui may save them. 

Their squad on paper isn't horrific. It's missing a proven goal scorer and Saša Kalajdžić could be that man (even if it's a lot of pressure to put on him). At the start of the summer I didn't really understand why they were so low on funds. Then you look at their transfers the last few years - and Jeff Shi even references it - they've taken a lot of punts on young players that haven't panned out.

Even if you ignore that, they've dropped £25m or more on Fabio Silva, Goncalo Guedes, Matheus Cunha, Raul Jimenez, and only Jimenez has been a major contributor and they sold him for 5m. 

It's just the lack of goals; for the last 3 years they haven't had a player that's scored more than 6 goals in the league. And there's just general negativity regarding the lack of funds, Lopetegui's future and regression.