Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

6 minutes ago, KetsbaiaIsBald said:

What happened to the man united take over, are they still negotiating?  I didn’t really follow it after a while as it was hard to get past the speculation.

Was never happening. The Glazers were just looking for an up to date valuation they could use to obtain better interest rates on their lending.

19 hours ago, MrRaspberryJam said:

That little dork who was on about Mileys torso deception man. 

And I don’t know what to make of this. The fact he rewatched a 0-0 to compare our “midblock” to Everton’s just to he can create a twitter thread. or the fact he most likely lied about rewatching a 0-0 draw just to create a twitter thread. 

Imagine what he'd call Beardsley's shuffle. 

There's a scene in Men Behaving Badly that we loved when we were in sixth form.

Gary and Tony are talking shit about football in the pub and Les, the landlord, walks over and wants to join in but doesn't know anything about football so Gary and Tony deliberately get more odd and obscure. They end it with something like "...well you have to go all the way back to the West Ham days for your last counter rabbit experience. Or is that just bollocks, Les?" 

We're now in our very own counter rabbit experience and we don't even know it. 

41 minutes ago, number37 said:

There's a scene in Men Behaving Badly that we loved when we were in sixth form.

Gary and Tony are talking shit about football in the pub and Les, the landlord, walks over and wants to join in but doesn't know anything about football so Gary and Tony deliberately get more odd and obscure. They end it with something like "...well you have to go all the way back to the West Ham days for your last counter rabbit experience. Or is that just bollocks, Les?" 

We're now in our very own counter rabbit experience and we don't even know it. 

:lol:

15 minutes ago, triggs said:

Frenkie De Jong isn't an attacking midfielder

He wasn't! But now he has the necessary horizontal to allow him the positional freedom needed to unlock his chaotic verticals. Noob.

On 01/08/2023 at 11:30, MrRaspberryJam said:

That little dork who was on about Mileys torso deception man. 

And I don’t know what to make of this. The fact he rewatched a 0-0 to compare our “midblock” to Everton’s just to he can create a twitter thread. or the fact he most likely lied about rewatching a 0-0 draw just to create a twitter thread. 

Social media has convinced a generation that this is how you watch football. 

I'm not against analyzing the game in a more complex way than 'that was shite, that was good' but this constant need to invent terms for very simple actions is a bit nauseating. 'Torso deception' is a great example. He's just dropped the shoulder. 

The thing these wannabe savants never realize is that the skill of a truly insightful person is being able to relate their information in a clearly understandable way to a mass audience. Appealing to your mates in an echo chamber won't teach you anything. 

1 hour ago, Viana said:

Social media has convinced a generation that this is how you watch football. 

I'm not against analyzing the game in a more complex way than 'that was shite, that was good' but this constant need to invent terms for very simple actions is a bit nauseating. 'Torso deception' is a great example. He's just dropped the shoulder. 

The thing these wannabe savants never realize is that the skill of a truly insightful person is being able to relate their information in a clearly understandable way to a mass audience. Appealing to your mates in an echo chamber won't teach you anything. 

This is all that zonalmarking blog fellas fault. 

1 hour ago, Astroblack said:

Neuer for me. Revolutionized the position. 

Hmmmm....good shout, but those Germany and Bayern teams were so good it allowed him to have that freedom on the ball. I think you could argue Buffon had more of a role in Italy's success than Neuer in Germany's.