Still still not worthy of a thread

gbandit

Unfortunately I suspect they will keep getting away with it because ultimately la liga are not going to have the balls to significantly punish them as they will be seen as integral to the brand, and thus will bail them out of whatever mess they get in even with a lot of grumbling.

I loved Peps' Barca, some of the best football I'd ever seen up till then, and yet now a) that is tainted by bribing the fucking refs and b) oh wait no just they bribed the fucking refs (allegedly lol)

All that sanctimonius crap they always bang on about being more than just a club rather stripped bare.

Of course part o the problem is that there is huge pressure on european clubs to keep up with the premier league mega spending, but Barca cannot whinge when you look at how much they have spent on crap transfers

6 minutes ago, Stifler said:

They can’t though. The deadline for any points deductions to apply for this season has already passed.

They’ll be in the shit regardless next season, be that deducted in Premier League or Championship.

9 hours ago, Tiresias said:

Unfortunately I suspect they will keep getting away with it because ultimately la liga are not going to have the balls to significantly punish them as they will be seen as integral to the brand, and thus will bail them out of whatever mess they get in even with a lot of grumbling.

I loved Peps' Barca, some of the best football I'd ever seen up till then, and yet now a) that is tainted by bribing the fucking refs and b) oh wait no just they bribed the fucking refs (allegedly lol)

All that sanctimonius crap they always bang on about being more than just a club rather stripped bare.

Of course part o the problem is that there is huge pressure on european clubs to keep up with the premier league mega spending, but Barca cannot whinge when you look at how much they have spent on crap transfers

La Liga literally have punished them loads :lol: 

If they were in the Premier League they would have never been punished at all and would still have their greatest ever player

Schneiderlin just did a canny interview and talks about about at his time at Everton:

At Everton, I found joy again. The fans were liking me. I was sad when Koeman left. The club was selling me a project with him… then we lost some big players and didn't take the direction I'd been told (slants hand upwards). I could see with the transfer business they did, we wouldn't go like this.'

A prevailing feeling among fans of Schneiderlin lacking commitment quickly grew. 'I was one of the guys who ran the most,' he says. 'It was hard to finish a game tired, having given your all, then hear people saying, 'You don't run, you don't care about the club.'

Schneiderlin's Everton career reached its nadir when boos greeted his late introduction in a home game against Crystal Palace in February 2018.

'You think, 'F*** it',' says Schneiderlin. ''F****** h***, two years ago I was in the best club in the world and now people think I left training and don't give a s*** about their club'. You say to yourself, 'F****** h***, what went wrong? What did I do? Who is on me? Someone wants bad for me'.

'I should have thought, 'Okay, you are booing me, it is part of being a football player, I will fight'. But I didn't have the same love for them in this moment. It was the same for them, they didn't have the same love for me. A good performance from me was average in their eyes and they were never satisfied with me. A lot of times I could feel I was the scapegoat for the fans.

'I followed Everton after and saw the same thing happened to [midfielder] Andre Gomes. When he arrived, the fans put him like me when I joined, up there (points skywards), 'Oh the performances are amazing'. Then it went a bit wrong.'

44 minutes ago, Optimistic Nut said:

Must have missed it but how have they been punished.

They literally weren't allowed to register the best player in their/football history and so had to let him leave for free. They weren't allowed to register Gavi as a senior player until a court overruled it, meaning Gavi would have been free to leave. They had to let Griezmann go for €20m. Every move they make is scrutinized by La Liga. 

That's not to say they haven't been a shambles because they have but literally none of this would have happened if they were in the Premier League.

9 hours ago, triggs said:

They literally weren't allowed to register the best player in their/football history and so had to let him leave for free. They weren't allowed to register Gavi as a senior player until a court overruled it, meaning Gavi would have been free to leave. They had to let Griezmann go for €20m. Every move they make is scrutinized by La Liga. 

That's not to say they haven't been a shambles because they have but literally none of this would have happened if they were in the Premier League.

That's them following the rules though. I am sure there will be punishment but I doubt (and I will be impressed if I am wrong) they would ever have any punishment that would result in them being kicked out the leage

16 hours ago, SUPERTOON said:

Liverpool doesn't need two clubs, just merge them into Liverpool United, red home kit, blue away kit.  It's a rubbish rivalry anyway, imagine any other "local derby" where supporters could take mixed trains down to a Wembley semi final with no segregation. Liverpool fans saying they hope Everton don't get relegated because "Imagine the premier league without the Merseyside derby". God, yeah, how would we cope.