Newcastle United vs. Chelsea - 12/11/22 @ 5:30pm (Sky Sports)

HaydnNUFC

I’m probably overthinking but the club putting Wilson in the social media video last night makes me think he’ll play. 

Difficult one to call, would take a point. Really hope the referee doesn’t give them the result like last time out. If the atmosphere is like it was vs arsenal last year and city this year, we’ve got a great chance. 

I’m not convinced Potter yet knows his best side.

They won’t match our intensity, if we can just keep doing what we’re doing right than we should get something. Changing a winning formula is also a terrible idea.

That’s why I think Maxi stays on the bench.

Whether it’s Joelinton or Murphy starting forward left, Wilson starting up front is vital as his presence is what’s giving Miggy more space.

Teams should know what to expect when playing us - they just can’t do anything about it.

31 minutes ago, GeordieDazzler said:

I’m hoping for Arsenal 2.0 in atmosphere.

I think that's definitely possible. With it being an evening game and having an end of season kind of vibe to it. Chelsea will really struggle I think, especially if we get an early goal.

Virtually all of their first XI will be going to the World Cup and I certainly wouldn't fancy a 50/50 (well, even a 60/40) with Big Joe if I was one of them!

Home win backed by a boisterous, boozed-up SJP!

13 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

They won’t match our intensity, if we can just keep doing what we’re doing right than we should get something. Changing a winning formula is also a terrible idea.

Whether it’s Joelinton or Murphy starting forward left, Wilson starting up front is vital as his presence is what’s giving Miggy more space.

Teams should know what to expect when playing us - they just can’t do anything about it.

It absolutely has to be Joelinton wide

left if it’s not Maxi. I’d definitely play Jow their today 

43 minutes ago, Dr Jinx said:

Maxis touch the other night was criminal at times, think he needs to work out if he’s going to match the rest of the front lines press before he starts.

1 hour ago, Paully said:

Virtually all of their first XI will be going to the World Cup and I certainly wouldn't fancy a 50/50 (well, even a 60/40) with Big Joe if I was one of them!

Home win backed by a boisterous, boozed-up SJP!

Both factors here are key ? Chelsea have some very experienced players but they aren’t playing as a unit and have looked shaky at the back. The atmosphere tonight can certainly take advantage of their shakiness. 

1 hour ago, RodneyCisse said:

Reckon Williams F1 team got a load of flack running Fly Saudi on their cars back in 79’?

Don't remember any. Only notable thing was that the drivers didn't accept the champagne on the podium.

Edit. Sorry for more pedantry, but can't resist pointing out it's flak -

Flugabwehrkanone.

Edited by DahnSahf

I feel like we might actually win this and we’ll all collectively shit ourselves at the realisation we might actually be in with a chance of top 4. 

On a serious note this is a massive test. Chelsea will know what a loss will mean for them and we’re not surprising anyone anymore. It’s test to see if this squad belongs at this level. 

2-0 

Wilson and Miggy.